Injured Hiker is a Training Rescue

By Roger the Scanner Guy

Search and Rescue are looking for an injured female hiker near Rattlesnake Trail.

Roger Sep 13, 2020 05:50 PM
Injured Hiker is a Training Rescue

There maybe an injured Biker also...Medical Emergency for the S And R MEMBER WHO SUFFERED THE SNAKE Bite to his calf..Backboard and C-Spine.

vvorker Sep 13, 2020 06:04 PM
Injured Hiker is a Training Rescue

About 3 weeks ago, I hiked up the trail to Gibraltar rd, walked down played count the radio antennas, and when I got back to Mt. Calvary I found a dead rattlesnake on the road. It had 10 rattles, so an old timer !!
As I recall, it was my first viper sighting, this side of the range in over 10 years!
The smoke is making the wild critters a bit nervous these daze methinks!!

ChemicalSuperFreak Sep 13, 2020 06:51 PM
Injured Hiker is a Training Rescue

I saw a rattler last year while I was hiking up Romero Canyon; it was just crossing the trail. No fires at the time.

Roger Sep 13, 2020 06:25 PM
Injured Hiker is a Training Rescue

Mountainbiker vs a Hiker on the trail and they were looking for those involved parties when the team member was bitten.

Roger Sep 13, 2020 07:15 PM
Injured Hiker is a Training Rescue

OH Shit it was a training exercise I guess the whole thing boogers I thought I was breaking a story...SORRY GUYS JOKE IS ON ME..

MountainMan4865 Sep 13, 2020 07:34 PM
Injured Hiker is a Training Rescue

OMG Roger! I did the same thing years ago, reported to edhat that there was an apartment fire somewhere and a fire fighter fell through the roof, three stories! I couldn't find out where it was, listening to the scanner. And then I heard the same scenario repeated about an hour later... training. Our radio has recently been programmed to include Search and Rescue... I finally had to turn of their channel.... too much training, too hard to tell training from reality.

We did see a helicopter - couldn't tell sheriff or Edison- along the ridge around the same time.

Thank you, Sir, for what you are doing at your leisure. It still is an enormous service. I just hope you are relieved of the pressure of being THE GUY 24/7.

MissBleu Sep 13, 2020 09:03 PM
Injured Hiker is a Training Rescue

I miss you Roger! You and your scanner updates were the
whole reason for going to Edhat. Hope you are feeling better.r

MissBleu Sep 13, 2020 09:43 PM
Injured Hiker is a Training Rescue

So..we can still benefit and enjoy Rogers ‘broadcasts but not expect the
weekly Roger reports .....I get it. Someone else is signing up?

SouthCoastPhoto Sep 13, 2020 10:01 PM
Injured Hiker is a Training Rescue

Thank you SAR for prepping for the inevitable lost or injured hiker! Job well done for not earning a dime volunteering

Roger Sep 14, 2020 06:01 AM
Injured Hiker is a Training Rescue

If nothing else we get to see how hard these fine volunteers train to save lives and they have saved many even risking their own.