By an edhat reader

2020 has been a whirlwind, and not exactly the good kind. I've wondered how other edhatters have been passing their quarantine time. I've been taking a lot more walks and enjoying nature while also binge-watching television shows and reading.

How did you spend your 2020 stay at home time?

letmego Dec 31, 2020 09:52 AM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

Working (at home), supervising two kids' distance learning, doing a LOT more dishes and cooking (no more school lunch!)

Exercise time was about the same (though less overall mileage). The saved time from the commute to work and the gym resulted in reading a lot more books (20 more compared to last year), plus a lot of card games with the kids during meals.

a-1609437481 Dec 31, 2020 09:58 AM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

Walking, hiking, camping, kayaking, traveling, photography, practicing music on line and with friends (socially distanced with masks), reading, cooking, communicating with friends and family through social media, volunteering at a non profit.

Roger Dec 31, 2020 10:13 AM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

Pretending I'm in Prison and I have all the luxuries prisoners get in prison though I cannot afford all of them I'm in a shitty prison cell. Room Service is great though Having Ham, Eggs, and roasted potatoes for breakfast..:)

biguglystick Jan 01, 2021 11:43 AM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

Whoever you are, I cannot see your handle because the dark blue of that bar is SO DARK BLUE! Edhat: Can you adjust this, please?

a-1609564136 Jan 01, 2021 09:08 PM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

Can lockdown that you aren't arrested for breaking really be as bad as jail or prison for someone who doesn't go out much?! Dang it, Roger, ask for help if you need it, people are clamoring to support you! Happy New Year and best wishes!

shorebird Dec 31, 2020 11:05 AM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

Knitting hats, scarfs and hand warmers for the homeless, watching detective shows on Amazon Prime and saying stupid things on Twitter.

SBsurferlife Dec 31, 2020 11:52 AM

Pros and cons
PROS: working from home, spending more time with family, enjoying more walks and noticing more lovely things my neighborhood, texting/calling family and friends more, catching up on those books/shows/movies i previously didn't have time for.
CONS: on the internet a lot, eating more, exercising less.

running_mike Dec 31, 2020 12:04 PM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

QUARANTINE?? I've been out every day. Exercising twice a day for at least 3 hours total daily. (Bike, Run, Hike, Rowing) In the best shape now vs the past 5 years.

a-1609555545 Jan 01, 2021 06:45 PM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

"Quarintine" is for people who have been in contact with people positive for Covid or are awaiting test results. "Lockdown" or "stay at home" is an effort to prevent non-essential trips away from home that lead to contact with other people.
None of these things prevent anyone from exercising outdoors.

SBSand Dec 31, 2020 02:52 PM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

Working from home, online school, lots of cooking, too much eating but tons of quality time with my dog and he loves it!

a-1609458659 Dec 31, 2020 03:50 PM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

Working from my home office, like I’ve always done, going for runs and out on the ocean, like I’ve always done but doing it earlier in the morning to avoid others, going grocery shopping at the crack of dawn to avoid other shoppers, weeding our yard, and trying to stay connected with distant friends and family.

MountainMan4865 Dec 31, 2020 10:10 PM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

Working on the callous on my left elbow - sitting in front of the computer, drinking earlier, and looking after older relatives and neighbors. Purging books that won't be read again in this house for the PP book sale, and gathering 'supplies' for high school art projects, since I hear they are in need of 'stuff'.

biguglystick Jan 01, 2021 11:40 AM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

I LOVE that you are giving books to the PP book sale! I'm doing the same this week! Thank you for supporting such a great cause. Happy New Year!

a-1609564387 Jan 01, 2021 09:13 PM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

ex-PP employee here. Thanks, great idea.
As an ex-literature major, take this time to think about it. There are some books I deeply painfully miss. (Arden Shakespeare especially, bought at Book Den about 40 years ago... Bless whoever gained them at the PP sale.)

jak Jan 01, 2021 08:44 AM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

Gut remodel of one end of our house (fortunately we currently live somewhere that doesn’t have permits or inspections).

a-1609555800 Jan 01, 2021 06:50 PM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

As a retired, reclusive introvert, my life hasn't changed much. I could laugh or be embarrassed about that. I learned decades ago to accept it. [takes bow] I'd like to thank my driver/shopper!!
(I do watch a lot of tv and read a LOT. Books and magazines and two national papers. Oh, and Edhat.)

sblocal1967 Jan 01, 2021 08:44 PM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

Working twice as hard and paying taxes so that government employees can keep their pensions funded. Doing my best to buy local so these businesses can survive while our government eats cake.

a-1609563219 Jan 01, 2021 08:53 PM
How Have You Spent Quarantine Time?

You don't want roads, utilities, a public health department, a DMV, or police and fire protection? Must be tough being forced to put up with all that stuff.