How Are Pets Coping with the Storm?

By Betsy

My kitty is hiding out from the storm in the bathroom. Is anyone else's pet freaked out by the storm today?

Roger Feb 02, 2019 09:16 AM
How Are Pets Coping with the Storm?

Jo "Joey Cannoli" Bear right behind me watching but when it was thunder and lightening the other morning he was under the bed...

a-1549128362 Feb 02, 2019 09:26 AM
How Are Pets Coping with the Storm?

My cat's oblivious (he's pretty much deaf as a doornail) but I'm the one freaking out when the rain is coming down so hard I can barely see the houses across the street.

a-1549128386 Feb 02, 2019 09:26 AM
How Are Pets Coping with the Storm?

My little dogs are curled up sleeping but neither wants to go out to potty in this mess and one is really scared of the thunder so cried and trembled during that the other day. Looking forward to normal weather again for their sakes!

a-1549129812 Feb 02, 2019 09:50 AM
How Are Pets Coping with the Storm?

I had to pry my little "Groundhog" out with a crowbar!! Totally hiding and would pop out every once in a while. All is good now though.

REX OF SB Feb 02, 2019 10:07 AM
How Are Pets Coping with the Storm?

My two snow-loving Siberian huskies refuse to go outside to pee. These fearsome blizzard aficionados really, REALLY do not like getting their paws wet. Eventually, they'll realize that they have to go to the bathroom, so they'll grudgingly go outside for as long as it takes, then they'll immediately run back inside. We plan on spending the day eating whatever's in the fridge and binge-watching "True Blood" from the very beginning.

mielemai Feb 02, 2019 10:50 AM
How Are Pets Coping with the Storm?

Yep. Tut is looking at me right now like, "What did you do? And why aren't you paying attention to me?"

mielemai Feb 02, 2019 10:49 AM
How Are Pets Coping with the Storm?

Tut, our Aby-Tabby, paid no attention to the wild thunder and lightning the other morning, but when it got really loud, he ran right to the window, all excited to watch the show. This, coming from the cat that's terrified of the Dyson mini-vacuum.

a-1549171118 Feb 02, 2019 09:18 PM
How Are Pets Coping with the Storm?

lol! Sorry for your kitty, Betsy. Even during the thunderstorm my kitty was next to me on the bed. Once or twice she stiffened and raised her head. But we were tucked in and I had my hand on her. I was more on my toes, so to speak, than she was. It was a lovely exciting night; we get thunderstorms so rarely.