Homeless Man Draws Knife On Chevron Employee

A homeless man has pulled out a knife on a Chevron employee on Hollister near Storke Road.

a-1561405079 Sep 27, 2018 05:14 PM
Homeless Man Draws Knife On Chevron Employee

I've never seen a homeless person at the Marketplace. I'm there several times a week, and feel completely safe, unlike downtown S.B. However, this report of a violent man at the Chevron station property is unnerving. Hoping S.B.'s problems aren't being shipped to safe Goleta.

a-1561405079 Sep 27, 2018 09:50 PM
Homeless Man Draws Knife On Chevron Employee

Sadly, it's probably Lompoc's river bed homeless that are now moving into Goleta. I've noticed that the Fairview Shopping Center (Sprouts, OSH, etc) now has homeless and/or drunks laying on the sidewalks every time that I go there.

Roger Sep 27, 2018 06:06 PM
Homeless Man Draws Knife On Chevron Employee

I hear alot of homeless calls at Market place there is a community of homeless folks in that area...Fair View, Calle Real, State street at 5 Points all the way into town.

a-1561405079 Sep 27, 2018 05:28 PM
Homeless Man Draws Knife On Chevron Employee

Dude, you're delusional. There are homeless guys begging every day at the exit near Home Depot. I was at Hollister Brewing yesterday and three crazy homeless guys hit us up for money throughout our lunch on the patio. Waitress said it happens every day.

a-1561405079 Sep 27, 2018 02:48 PM
Homeless Man Draws Knife On Chevron Employee

Doesn't surprise me at all. There are a ton of homeless in that area. They sleep near the RR tracks, beg at nearly every corner, and wander aimlessly in the Camino Real Market. They don't seem to include the young homeless like State Street. Just the middle aged folks with severe mental and addiction problems. The solution seems to be a stack of 5150 mental holds and a trip to a state-run mental hospital. Locate the facility in an inexpensive place looking for decent paying jobs.

a-1561405079 Sep 27, 2018 02:06 PM
Homeless Man Draws Knife On Chevron Employee

I have noticed a homeless guy hanging in that area lately. A few weeks ago he was screaming at some people in a car for no reason. A couple of CHP officers happened to be nearby and walked over, they sat him down and he proceeded to scream at them about "violating his rights", "whether or not they believed in God" and called them devils. Credit for them remaining calm, but they let him go. He proceeded to walk through the parking lot screaming about the Devil and staring down anyone in sight. If it was the same guy, I would say the Chevron employee got lucky. I hate to say it, but it's only a matter of time before someone is killed.

a-1561405079 Sep 27, 2018 11:14 AM
Homeless Man Draws Knife On Chevron Employee

There is a homeless man always sleeping in the dirt behind the gas station or Jack in the Box out there. He looks like he could use a cot and 3 square meals plus a shower for awhile. Should be a welcoming comfort, even if it is jail, better than the ground. I hope he gets some help.