HomeGoods is Coming to Camino Real title=

By Cris

A sign has gone up in the Camino Real Marketplace for a HomeGoods.

a-1553293106 May 21, 2018 05:37 PM
HomeGoods is Coming to Camino Real

Home Goods is going to do great in that space. This store already has a huge following, which is why they keep on opening new stores. They are known for having great deals on everyday items and I can always find what I need for entertaining. You can find cheaply made stuff everywhere! It's up to you to know your brands to determine if your getting a deal or not. Most everyone I have talked to is very excited to not having to travel out of town to shop at HG.

Trudi May 21, 2018 04:54 PM
HomeGoods is Coming to Camino Real

Nice! It's great to have affordable options around here. Especially as someone else pointed out, majority of regular folks are paying upwards of 40% monthly income just in ridiculous rents.

a-1553293106 May 21, 2018 04:12 PM
HomeGoods is Coming to Camino Real

I am pretty excited about this. I always love wandering the Home Goods by my parents when I visit. It's like Marshall's for ONLY household items. It's not really going to impress folks who are ordering their stuff from the West Elm, it IS discount stuff after all and you DO have to hunt a little.

Trudi May 21, 2018 04:55 PM
HomeGoods is Coming to Camino Real

Agree! I've gotten more compliments on things - including clothing- that I've purchased at places like this and Target than stuff purchased at Nordy's. A little creative thinking and willingness to hunt and you can really do well.

a-1553293106 May 21, 2018 10:26 AM
HomeGoods is Coming to Camino Real

I've heard from numerous people who have checked out the newly opened Home Goods at the Enos Ranch center in Santa Maria. All say it's your everyday, low budget, meh-type merchandise. It may do well with the UCSB student kids, but it'll be another low end-type business that eventually folds due to the lack of clientele.

shorebird May 21, 2018 10:35 AM
HomeGoods is Coming to Camino Real

With most Santa Barbara residents paying 40%+ of their income on rent I predict that affordable Home Goods will do very well.

a-1553293106 May 21, 2018 10:09 AM
HomeGoods is Coming to Camino Real

Looking on line at their website and it is pretty unexciting stuff. Michael's or Pier 49 or maybe the older stuff like Akron! I can smell the cheap material and imported crude from here already. Ugh.

Baseball guy May 21, 2018 09:23 AM
HomeGoods is Coming to Camino Real

Agree with A1526919573 !! A Dick's would have been the best choice. I am a broker and tried to get them - they need a little more space. Also tried to get a Bass Pro Shop/Cabelas, but they said space is way to small for them. We could really use a good sporting goods store!!

a-1553293106 May 21, 2018 08:43 AM
HomeGoods is Coming to Camino Real

It's where Sports Authority used to be and where Dick's Sporting Goods was thinking of going. A real bummer to lose out on having a good sporting goods store in the area. Sorry, but Big5 is too small and tries to cover too many things.

SB_TAHOE May 21, 2018 08:16 AM
HomeGoods is Coming to Camino Real

HomeGoods will be in between the Staples that is still there and Ross. The space was formerly SportMart/Sports Authority.

a-1553293106 May 20, 2018 05:05 PM
HomeGoods is Coming to Camino Real

There was a staples and a sports authority. This store will probably be a lot more successful. Sure wish we could get a Burlington Coat Factory and TGIFridays

a-1553293106 May 20, 2018 04:14 PM
HomeGoods is Coming to Camino Real

Probably Staples because that place is always vacant. That's another one going the way of Circuit City & Sears.

Potif May 20, 2018 10:28 PM
HomeGoods is Coming to Camino Real

Staples, still has a phone line that works. They're closed for the night, but apparently still at the Goleta Marketplace site.