Hollister Class 1 Construction Begins
Source: City of Goleta
The long-awaited Hollister Class I Bike Path will begin construction this month and take approximately six months to complete. The Bike Path is intended to provide a way for the many school children living south of Hollister Avenue to safely bike to Ellwood School. It runs from Pacific Oaks Drive west to Ellwood School.
While most of the construction will occur during summer, keeping school children safe is a top priority. The Project will include a comprehensive and safe traffic control plan to ensure safety and to minimize the impact to the local residents, students, school, motorists, pedestrians and bicyclists.
During the six month construction period, the City’s contractor, Granite Construction, will be removing existing hardscape, constructing curbs and gutters, ADA-compliant sidewalks and access ramps, doing pavement rehabilitation and constructing a new bike path from Pacific Oaks Road to Ellwood Elementary School. This path will be located on the south side of Hollister Avenue. Hollister Avenue will still have four lanes of travel with a center left turn lane.
We will be sending regular updates on this project. To sign up to receive them via email or text, please go to http://tinyurl.com/
WORK HOURS: The work will generally be performed between the hours of However, there are work hour restrictions in some instances (i.e., vicinity of schools). Local access will be maintained during most of the work. However, parking restrictions will be necessary and will be posted a minimum of 72-hours in advance of the work.
PROJECT TIMELINE: Some or all of the following activities will be performed on the affected streets:
- Relocate Utilities - Ongoing
- Install Traffic Control System & Detour - Early May
- Mobilization, Preliminary Work and Setup - Early May
- Remove Existing Hardscape - May
- Paving Rehabilitation - May
- Roadway Excavation and grading - Late May / Early June
- Construct Curbs and Gutter - July - August
- ADA sidewalks, access ramps and bike path - September
- Install landscaping - October
- Paving Rehabilitation - October & November
- Stripe and install pavement markings - October & November
Thank you for your patience and cooperation so that this work may be completed as soon as possible. Please remember to register for project notifications here: http://tinyurl.com/