Hit and Run on Hollister Ave

By Scanner Andrew

Sheriff are on scene investigating a hit and run that occurred near Hollister & Orange

bicyclist Jul 17, 2021 06:50 AM
Hit and Run on Hollister Ave

Déjà vu - although mine was from someone (senior lady) opening her door without looking to see if there was traffic... I was the "Lucky" recipient of her door - 27 stitches (13 inner, 14 outer)later I now sport this cool (?) 7" scar. At the time I felt lucky, had I swerved to avoid said door I wouldn't be here typing this! I was on Hollister going towards SB @ Orange. FYI: she said I should be more careful?

ScannerAndrew Jul 16, 2021 09:18 PM
Hit and Run on Hollister Ave

Vehicle description is a 4 door silver Hyundai sedan last seen going westbound on Hollister

LooseCannon Jul 17, 2021 04:59 PM
Hit and Run on Hollister Ave

When are they going to have a dedicated bike lane in OTG? Approximately 10 years ago, the city of Goleta commissioned a study to explore the redesign of the area and apart from some very modest sidewalk redesign, nothing was done and a whole bunch of money was pissed away on consultants. How many more cyclists have to be killed and injured before a nmuch-needed redesign, with dedicated bike paths, is finally realized?

LooseCannon Jul 17, 2021 05:16 PM
Hit and Run on Hollister Ave

You can ride a bike from Santa Barbara all the way out to Costco with dedicated bike lanes EXCEPT between Kellogg and Fairview. This is deadly and needs to change. Reduce car traffic to one lane in both directions, slow it down, provide dedicated bike lanes and proper pedestrian crossings (none of this "proceed with caution, traffic may not stop"). Anything less shows contempt for cyclists and more particularly contempt for the residents and workers in OTG. Where is the leadership on this issue?

dukemunson Jul 17, 2021 07:28 PM
Hit and Run on Hollister Ave

I’m with you on bike lanes…. But not if it’s at the expense of a car lane. No way Hollister should go down to 1 lane… gotta come up with a plan B as that already bottlenecks at times… one lane would be lunacy.

cwazny Jul 19, 2021 10:41 AM
Hit and Run on Hollister Ave

Only one lane each way going through Old Town? That would be a disaster! I can't even imagine what that would be like during lunch and rush hour. BAD IDEA!!!

cwazny Jul 19, 2021 10:54 AM
Hit and Run on Hollister Ave

If you want to see "contempt for cyclists, go ahead and start closing down a lane going each way through Old Town. Horrible idea!