Highway 101 Lane Closure in Carpinteria
Source: Linden & Casitas Pass Project
**Schedule update: Starting Wednesday, July 11th, the northbound Highway 101 fast lane will be closed for Casitas Pass Overcrossing removal from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am between Bailard and Linden Avenues. One northbound Highway 101 lane will remain open.
Southbound lanes will be closed for this work on July 11th and 12th from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am between Linden and Bailard Avenues as noted in the prior construction update. Nighttime detours are shown on the map below.
Timeframe: July 15 - 21, 2018
Casitas Pass Road Overcrossing
- Removal of the old overcrossing continues. Crews will remove shoring piles used in building the 1st half of the new overcrossing and begin excavation for the 2nd half.
- Southbound Highway 101 will be closed on Monday night, July 16th, from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am between Linden and Bailard Avenues. Northbound lanes will remain open.
- During the night closure, detours will be signed on Carpinteria and Bailard Avenues. Please see map below.
Linden Avenue Overcrossing
- Southern California Edison crews will be working on electrical lines near Linden Avenue.
- The southbound Highway 101 off-ramp at Linden Avenue will be closed from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm on Monday, July 16th.
- Crews will remove the underground median support (pile) from the old Linden Avenue Overcrossing. This work will entail soil excavation, and the old pile will be lifted out with a crane at night.
- Northbound Highway 101 will be closed nightly from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am on Tuesday and Wednesday, July 17th - 18th between Bailard and Linden Avenues. Southbound lanes will remain open.
- During the night closures, detours will be signed on Bailard, Carpinteria, and Santa Ynez Avenues. Please see map above.
- Crews will continue installing wood forms and rebar for the side support (abutment) footings for the new bridge. Then concrete will be poured for the footings.
- Carpinteria Creek Bridges
- Crews will continue installing wood forms and rebar for side support (abutment) footings and walls. Concrete will be poured for the new side supports (abutments). Work will also progress to installing temporary supports (falsework) for the new bridges.
- Northbound Highway 101 sound wall between Linden Avenue and Franklin Creek (Nipomo Drive)
- Sewer line dewatering is ongoing. This is part of the overall utility relocation that needs to occur prior to the wall construction.
- Southbound Highway 101 sound wall between Linden Avenue and Casitas Pass Road
- Soil backfill continues, and crews will remove shoring piles used for construction of the retaining wall.
- Electrical work throughout the project will be ongoing for new street lights and traffic signals.
- Please note that Via Real will only have 1 northbound lane open between Casitas Pass Road and Vallecito Road for the next few months. See map below.
- Crews will be working on a retaining wall on Via Real between Hales Lane and Casitas Pass Road.
Upcoming Work: summer/fall
- The Highway 101 southbound off-ramp at Casitas Pass Road will close for up to 1 month. Detour maps can be viewed at SBROADS.com.
- Carpinteria Valley Water District will install a new water line on Linden Avenue.