Highway 101 Closures for Casitas Pass Contruction
Timeframe: December 3 - 9, 2017
Casitas Pass Road Overcrossing
- Crews will continue installing rebar and building wood forms for the underside (soffit) and internal vertical supports (stems) of the bridge. Grading will also occur as part of the falsework installation.
- Northbound Highway 101 between Bailard and Linden Avenues will be closed from 10:00 pm to 5:00 am on Wednesday and Thursday nights for falsework operations at the Casitas Pass Road Overcrossing. Southbound Highway 101 will be closed at Casitas Pass Road for this work.
- Please use the detour route below for the northbound Highway 101 closure. Southbound vehicles will be directed off and on the freeway using off and on-ramps at Casitas Pass Road.
Carpinteria Creek Bridges
- Highway 101 Bridges
- Grading continues near the southbound bridges over Carpinteria Creek.
- Via Real Bridge
- Work on the safety barrier rail continues on the new bridge. This work includes wood form work and rebar installation and then a concrete railing pour.
- Drainage improvements continue.
Linden Avenue Overcrossing
- Crews are creating wood forms and installing rebar for side supports (abutments) and center supports (bents) for the new overcrossing. Once form and rebar work is complete, concrete will be poured for the side and center supports.
- Rebar is being installed for the new retaining wall on southbound Highway 101 between Linden Avenue and Casitas Pass Road. This work precedes upcoming sound wall work.
- Drainage and irrigation work continues for the new on and off-ramps at Casitas Pass Road, median, shoulder areas, and along Casitas Pass Road near the construction yard.
- Crews are working on portions of the new Carpinteria Creek Bike Path.
Carpinteria Creek Bike Path
- The Carpinteria Creek bike path will remain closed for bridge work. There is a free EasyLift shuttle during the closure that runs between San Roque Mobile Estates and Rancho Granada Mobile Home Park (on Via Real) and Carpinteria Avenue (at Eugenia Ave, Palm Ave, Albertson’s, and City Hall) between 7:30 - 9:00 am and 2:00 - 5:30 pm every half hour. Please see on-site shuttle signs for more schedule information or click on: http://www.sbroads.com/
Upcoming Work: Fall 2017
- The southbound Highway 101 on-ramp at Casitas Pass Road will close for up to 2 weeks to enable ramp improvements.
- Sewer realignment work in preparation for the Nipomo Drive sound wall.
- Carpinteria Valley Water District will install a new water line on Linden Avenue in preparation for the new Linden Avenue Overcrossing. Once the overcrossing is built, the water line will be connected over the new bridge.