Health Officer Allows More Businesses to Reopen Friday
Source: Santa Barbara County Public Health Department
Santa Barbara County Public Health Officer Henning Ansorg, M.D. has issued a Health Officer Order permitting the reopening of additional businesses that were previously closed. This Order will be effective starting 8:00 a.m. on Friday, June 12, 2020 and continuing until June 30, 2020 or until it is extended, rescinded, superseded, or amended in writing.
Sectors that may reopen on Friday, June 12 with modifications, social distancing protocols, and completion of the attestation process include, but are not limited to:
- Family Entertainment Centers
- Hotels, Lodging, and Short-Term Rentals for Tourism or Individual Travel
- Childcare Programs and Providers
- Zoos, Aquariums, and Museums
- Campgrounds, RVs, and Outdoor Recreation
- Cardrooms, Satellite Wagering Facilities, and Racetracks
- Music, Film, and TV Production
- Professional Sports
- Gyms and Fitness Center
- Restaurants, Wineries, and Bars
- Day Camps
- Schools and School-Based Programs
- Higher Education
These sectors may be open only while adhering to social distancing protocols provided by the Governor and the Health Officer and after completing the County’s attestation process. Business owners can find resources, information, and the process to complete the attestation at https://recoverysbc.org/.
The full Health Officer Order can be found here. For more information about COVID-19 and the local response, visit https://publichealthsbc.org/. Community members may also call the Santa Barbara County Call Center at (833) 688-5551.