By edhat staff
Happy Halloween edhat readers! Today is filled with fun and fright, depending on what you're into. But Ed is always into numbers so below are some interesting Halloween statistics for you to ponder while eating miniature wrapped candies.
10 Facts About Halloween for 2019, courtesy of WalletHub
- $8.8 Billion: Projected Halloween spending in 2019
- $3.2 Billion: Halloween costume spending in 2019
- $2.6 Billion: Halloween candy spending in 2019
- 36% of parents think 12 or 13 years old is old enough to trick-of-treat alone
- 69% of Americans plan to hand out candy to trick-or-treaters
- 72% of parents admit to stealing candy from their kids
- $4.65: Average retail price of a pumpkin (up 5.9% from 2018)
- $300+ Million: Annual revenue from ticket sales for haunted attractions, 80% of which are run by charities
- $11 Million: Direct property damage caused by Halloween house fires each year
- 42% of Halloween-night motor vehicle deaths involve drunk driving
Submit your spooky, funny, or costume photos to [email protected] to be posted below.
Edhat Reader Photos