Hair Salon with Organic Products

By an edhat reader

Can anyone recommend a hair salon that uses organic shampoos and conditioners?

a-1560835503 May 22, 2019 05:26 PM
Hair Salon with Organic Products

Don't go to mira bella, they left my color on almost 3 times as long as they said it should be, then did a bad cut and sprayed perfume in my hair when styling it. Came home and washed it and will never go there again. Had an allergic reaction to the chemicals they uses, including hives on my face and a rash on my scalp.

a-1560835503 May 23, 2019 06:44 AM
Hair Salon with Organic Products

Don't go to any salon in this town with the word Bella in it! Que Si Bella is bad news too. Beautiful set up inside, substandard service, especially if you use a groupon. Actually, most of the local spas that you can use groupon for discriminate and treat you as less than!

Flicka May 22, 2019 04:54 PM
Hair Salon with Organic Products

In the 1950s Mom had a friend who always had her hair dyed blond. One day at the salon she was having a perm and when the stylist was rinsing her hair, with the curlers in, they all fell off, hair and all. I guess hair dye and perm chemicals didn't jive. Nothing organic in those days. About 25 years ago a friend went to beauty school to be a hair stylist. Turned out she was allergic to the shampoos and couldn't work. She said Prell was so strong you could clean oil off pavement with it.

a-1560835503 May 22, 2019 04:22 PM
Hair Salon with Organic Products

I have naturally curly hair, too and use only organic products on my hair at home. It just makes sense: you don't want nasty chemicals leaching into your scalp and surrounding skin areas. "Nancy" at Studio One does a great job with my hair. I've been going to her for years. Call and ask her if she has the organic products you may like. Studio One: (805) 682-5759

a-1560835503 May 22, 2019 11:57 AM
Hair Salon with Organic Products

Nearly all salons carry organic products these days. You may have to pay a dollar or two more though.

d8vanilla May 22, 2019 10:45 AM
Hair Salon with Organic Products

I suppose you could bring your own products..... I had a terrible experience at a hair salon. I hadn't been there before,but they supposedly specialized in curly hair, so I thought I would try them out. Not a good experience.... the shampoo he used was an over-the-counter product, that I had used, and would make my face break-out in bumps --- maybe allergic or something... Anyways, I told him I don't do well with that shampoo, but, he insisted, so I told him to keep it away from my face.... The next day my face was all broken-out with small bumps... and, my hair was more frizzy then curly, after he got done with it !!!! So, my suggestion is valid.... bring your own products, which you've tried and liked.... good luck and let us know how it goes.... :)

a-1560835503 May 22, 2019 09:20 AM
Hair Salon with Organic Products

19 Blue on Ortega Street uses Kevin Murphy products that are sulphate free, paraben free and cruelty free. They use other organic products too, all stylists are great.