Fourteen New COVID-19 Cases Reported
By edhat staff
The Santa Barbara County Public Health Department (PHD) reports fourteen new COVID-19 cases, bringing the total to 1,387 as of Thursday. Three cases previously reported were determined not to be cases and removed.
Of the new cases, 6 were located in Santa Maria, 4 in the city of Lompoc, 2 in Santa Barbara, 1 in the Goleta Valley/Gaviota, and 1 in the Lompoc Prison.
From the grand total of 1,387 positive cases, 893 are related to the outbreak in the Lompoc Prison with 494 in the community. Of the community cases, 401 are fully recovered, 50 are quarantined at home, 26 are in the hospital with 11 in the intensive care unit (ICU), and 9 are pending information. Of the cases in the Lompoc Prison, 95 have fully recovered.
PHD is reporting 10,393 tests have been performed with 8,914 negative results and 92 inconclusive.
Cottage Health Numbers
Below is a status update as of May 14, 2020.
- Cottage Health is caring for a total of 236 patients across all campuses.
- 173 are acute care patients; 200 acute care beds remain available.
- In surge planning, capacity is identified for adding 270 acute care beds.
- Of the 173 acute care patients, 12 patients are on ventilators. (65 ventilators remain available (adult, pediatric and neonatal ventilators).
- Of the 173 acute care patients, 6 are in isolation with COVID-19 symptoms; (5 are confirmed COVID-19 positive.)
- Of 6 patients in isolation, 3 patients are in critical care.
From May 4-10:
- 1,504 COVID-19 laboratory tests were ordered and collected by Cottage Health.
- Results: 25 positive, 1,452 negative, 27 pending.
- Results take up to 4 days.
SLO and Ventura Counties
San Luis Obispo County is reporting 237 total cases. Of those, 188 have recovered, 45 are quarantined at home, 3 are hospitalized with 2 in the ICU, and there has been 1 death.
In Ventura County, there is a total of 748 cases. Of those, 488 have recovered, 235 are quarantined at home, 23 are hospitalized with 12 in the ICU, and there have been 25 deaths.