Fireworks Cause Structure Fire in Goleta
By edhat staff
Santa Barbara County Firefighters were able to save a house after the use of fireworks caused an attached carport on fire Saturday evening.
At 9:50 p.m., crews responded to the 6200 block of Westmoreland in Goleta for a reported structure fire. Upon arrival crews made an aggressive attack that kept the fire in check, preventing it from spreading into the attic and attached home, which was the direction of the burning fire, said Captain Daniel Bertucelli.
It was determined the cause of the fire was due to fireworks.
Firefighters are performing salvage operations and mopping up the scene to ensure the fire is completely out.