Fire Report Near Padaro Lane

Reads 2036

By Roger the Scanner Guy

Fire reported out in the 3200 Block of Padaro Lane. A transient was seen lighting objects on fire.

Rypert Johnson Jun 07, 2021 11:36 AM
Fire Report Near Padaro Lane

Not looking so good for the "houseless neighbors" and the organizations that perpetuate their privilege to destroy our communities.
Before anyone goes on the "crimes are committed by housed persons too" defense, let me say that yes, it's a true fact, but the severity and frequency of incidents by the "houseless neighbor community" that many defend is much higher than that of housed persons.
Look at the majority of crime, fire and overdose incidents reported here, over 90% involve "houseless neighbor" and this cannot be disputed.
Get these people the help they need, stop making excuses for them to stay in the mess they're in and those who don't want the help, arrest and house them on the warrants many of them have in place.
As for those that don't yet have warrants, when they commit crimes and get caught, arrest them and hold them to the fullest length of time.
Pretty simple people, if you build it, they will come, if you protect and defend them and their antics, they will continue.

Roger Jun 06, 2021 08:58 AM
Fire Report Near Padaro Lane

I used to know a guy who told me he camped every night 2 miles up a trail from the Botanic Gardens I have never even been up there he did this for 10 years never used a campfire. I think there are some folks who camp in those hills and they know the dangers..

Eggs Ackley Jun 07, 2021 09:54 AM
Fire Report Near Padaro Lane

May be not the same guy but You should have seen the pile of poop someone had going in the creek bed; I’d see this guy pass by daily so I hiked up the creek and found his spot, really disgusting. Below some houses off upper Tunnel(about 1989-90). Roger your guy must have be the one with the well constructed bushcraft lean-to much further up the canyon, never saw trash near his camp.

a-1622997199 Jun 06, 2021 09:33 AM
Fire Report Near Padaro Lane

That's an example of how things were, when there were fewer people here and, as a result, a much greater sense of live and let live. I miss that Santa Barbara.

Luvaduck Jun 06, 2021 08:39 AM
Fire Report Near Padaro Lane

Plan and simple: Vagrant camps and campers are a danger to the entire community and a constant cost.

yacht rocked Jun 06, 2021 07:24 AM
Fire Report Near Padaro Lane

That street has more cameras than a TV studio (as well as houses that are TV studios).

edney Jun 05, 2021 04:18 PM
Fire Report Near Padaro Lane

That was some bad writing.
The Eaton Tunnel spring is not in that canyon above Lou Dillon. Its up above Mountain drive

edney Jun 05, 2021 04:09 PM
Fire Report Near Padaro Lane

Years ago there was a homeless person camping in a well hidden spot near the old Eaton horizontal well (landslide covered it) There is a little spring there that is consistent. That person didn't seem to cook or use warming fires and was extremely reclusive. I couldn't tell if the person was male or female because they'd wear a bunch of clothes motionless,
while hiding in their old small army tent and under the old tunnel timbers and brush. Theywouldn't speak or look at me. I remember being relieved to never smell smoke because the hill behind was steep and brush covered.
I am concerned that the irresponsible amongst the homeless will begin to push into places like the canyon above Lou Dillon Rd. Fire there during a wind event could get into those older wooden homes and mobile homes below Salinas Lower Eastside too quick to get people out