Fight at Leadbetter Beach

Reports of a "Bea Down" at Leadbetter Beach on Shoreline Drive. Allegedly 15 people on 1 victim.

a-1586394196 Mar 22, 2020 12:01 PM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

Roger - God called this morning to tell her that her table is ready. (No irreverence intended)

TWOSCOOPS Mar 22, 2020 11:01 AM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

Roger, she was a wonderful women, because she created you. I'm so sorry she could not overcome her illness and infection. She certainly cared for you, and she must have had some solace in the knowledge that you cared for her. Those Sunday phone calls said it all, and left nothing essential unsaid. Be proud, Roger. You were a good son to her. You are a good man.

Longing2bhome Mar 22, 2020 10:45 AM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

So sorry to hear your loss. Cry those loving healthy tears. We are here for you.

East Beach Mar 22, 2020 10:38 AM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

Roger, my heart goes out to you during this difficult time. It is especially hard when a person has a complicated relationship with their parent. You are important to our community. Stay strong; we are here for you.

CoastWatch Mar 21, 2020 09:55 PM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

There is a LOT of crime going on that Edhat doesn't report on... it's actually pretty crazy out there.

sacjon Mar 22, 2020 05:08 PM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

Roger - I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I will keep you in my thoughts. Be well, man!

racjax Mar 22, 2020 11:03 AM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

Dear Roger, please accept my prayers and condolences at this most difficult time.

Longing2bhome Mar 22, 2020 10:31 AM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

Roger, you are on my mind. Revel in the positive you had with your mom. I am sorry for what you are going through. Us edhaters are here for you to comfort you.

Roger Mar 22, 2020 06:14 AM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

I report what I hear at this time I am having a rough time as my mother is leaving this life and I'm having a rough time, a real rough time...Not all crime comes over the scanner alot of it goes over their on board computer alot of it in cases of someones life being in danger I won't report on stuff like that I don't want to get anyone hurt. I believe you are right there is alot of crime out there more than I report especially at night when I'm sleeping..

gizmo1 Mar 21, 2020 09:34 PM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

There’s a group of heavy drinkers that stay there 30 hours a day at the Ledbetter picnic table some of them are pleasant and some of them are heavily intoxicated the whole time- They’ve been there for years

GeneralTree Mar 21, 2020 10:36 PM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

They are also in the steps at Hendry's every day after work.

sbrobert Mar 21, 2020 08:47 PM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

Roger: We just had a series of explosions in our neighborhood near Home Depot. We saw a couple of police cars. Any idea what that is? Sorry, but I don't know how to contact you other than by commenting here.

Roger Mar 22, 2020 06:17 AM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

I'm not sure I heard a call like that in Ventura the other day the only thing that comes to mind is some kind of drug thing but I haven't heard anything.

ChemicalSuperFreak Mar 22, 2020 01:28 AM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

They were fireworks, of the M-80 type. Beginning at 8:30pm there were four big explosions that echoed through the open space near the Devereux Slough. The last two went off withing a minute of each other, around 8:45 pm and it was clear from the sound that the people setting them off were on the move at that point because the last one sounded farther away than the first three. 911 was alerted by that time, because the dispatcher told me they were fireworks and they had deputies on the way. The people setting these off are probably the same jokers that did exactly the same thing soon after a couple of recent mass shootings. People are on edge right now, nerves frayed, and I'll bet these individuals are getting enjoyment out of tormenting local residents.

a-1586394196 Mar 21, 2020 10:50 PM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

Did anyone ever answer the explosions by Home Depot question?

SBgal74 Mar 21, 2020 08:39 PM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

Saw this group of probably 20+ guys having a BBQ at Ledbetter park as I was out on a walk. Clearly they have zero regard for the stay at home order or “social distancing”. They definitely looked like gang members. Sad that someone got beaten. I wonder when the real enforcement of this “order” will begin?

a-1586394196 Mar 21, 2020 08:27 PM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

I drove all over Goleta and Santa Barbara today. Drove by all the major parks, beaches and the mission. I just wanted to get a feel for what is happening in town during this strange time. Didn't see one police, sheriff, or CHP vehicle. Did the cops take the weekend off?

midair Mar 22, 2020 08:41 PM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

You forgot to look up. I'm sure Sheriff Brown has all six of his helicopters flying around crushing crime.

Xantus Mar 22, 2020 10:42 AM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

i havent seen a single patrol car in the past 4 days of my outings around town either...

a-1586394196 Mar 21, 2020 10:47 PM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

I noticed too. Figured they aren't giving out too many tickets these days. Would you wanna pull someone over and risk that when they roll down their window they may start coughing? Hard NO for me.

Luvaduck Mar 22, 2020 07:38 AM
Fight at Leadbetter Beach

Danger to everyone during Covid-19 "morons". Need to be cited and fined. This is no time to do things that endanger the whole community. Undoubtedly they use stores, pharmacies and places that are open.

Sagepup Mar 21, 2020 08:08 PM