Fatal Motorcycle Collision on Highway 154

Update by California Highway Patrol

Motorcyclist: Diane P. Tessier, 57 of Granada Hills, CA

Vehicle: 1988 Harley Davidson

At approximately 1450 hours, the California Highway Patrol (CHP) received report of a traffic collision involving a motorcycle. The investigation is still ongoing and the following below is a preliminary statement:

Mrs. Tessier was traveling east on State Route 154 on her 1988 Harley Davidson as she approached the intersection with E. Camio Cielo in the #2 at approximately 50 to 55 MPH. For reasons still under investigation, Mrs. Tessier left the roadway on her motorcycle striking several fixed objects. She was pronounced dead at the scene of the collision by the Santa Barbara County Sheriff's Department.

Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy
3:05 p.m., April 25, 2020

Fatal collision on Highway 154 at East Camino Cielo, a motorcyclist over the side.

CGinSB Apr 25, 2020 03:53 PM
Fatal Motorcycle Collision on Highway 154

My son, 29, loves his Harley and riding it is his joy in life. I worry, of course, and every time I see one of these reports I feel so sad for the rider’s family and friends. Please, drivers, be vigilant on the roads, motorcycles can be less visible than other vehicles, easy to cut off accidentally. Passing on the 154 can be deadly to an oncoming cyclist.

mtndriver Apr 25, 2020 05:23 PM
Fatal Motorcycle Collision on Highway 154

Oh dear. Saw three young men on big bikes, all in leathers, going up Gibraltar towards Camino Cielo right around 2:00, really going fast. Maybe one of them, though probably there were a lot of people riding up there today. So sorry to hear this.

OICU812 Apr 26, 2020 05:13 AM
Fatal Motorcycle Collision on Highway 154

Gave-up my Harley about 5 years ago, hubby gave his up about 2 years ago; we are now considered seniors (55 and 65), but we gave it up due to idiots texting and other driver distractions. During Covid 19 we are so missing a ride.

x01660 Apr 26, 2020 06:19 AM
Fatal Motorcycle Collision on Highway 154

Damn.... RIP, sister. At least you died doing what you love. I hope you enjoy the big Ride in the Sky...

And for those riders still here, I IMPLORE you; maintain your bike, ATGATT, and SLOW DOWN!! Remember that a lot of "fair weather" riders that ride less than 1000 miles a year are all out right now. With all the lack of experience and control that entails. Be safe.

a-1587923843 Apr 26, 2020 10:57 AM
Fatal Motorcycle Collision on Highway 154

OICU812
It sounds like you may have had the teal Sportster Roadster I bought five years ago. Love the bike and still have it. I don't ride street anymore after she shattered my leg at a stop on wet ground. LOL