Extended Hours for COVID-19 PCR Testing

Source: Public Health Department

The COVID-19 PCR testing trailer in Santa Barbara (267 Camino del Remedio) will be open 7:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m. every Wednesday through Sunday, from January 8-22. Make your appointment at http://PublicHealthSBC.org/testing. Results available in 24-48 hours.

Stay Connected:

County Public Health: www.PublicHealthSBC.orgTwitter and Facebook

County of Santa Barbara: www.CountyofSB.orgTwitter, Facebook

2-1-1 Call Center: Dial 211 if calling from within the county; or call (800) 400-1572 if calling from outside the area.

PitMix Jan 10, 2022 02:00 PM
Extended Hours for COVID-19 PCR Testing

Thanks to whoever made the decision to close the Goleta Valley site just at the time it would have been extremely useful. What clown is in charge of this circus, anyway?

a-1641784917 Jan 09, 2022 07:21 PM
Extended Hours for COVID-19 PCR Testing

chico berkeley Jan 08, 2022 10:06 AM
Extended Hours for COVID-19 PCR Testing

Stopped at Harbor Freight in Lompoc and they have a trailer sitting in the parking lot and a small line yesterday.

sbdude Jan 08, 2022 09:56 AM
Extended Hours for COVID-19 PCR Testing

Go online to try to book an appointment for their "extended hours" and it comes back with the first appointment being the 21st, 13 days down the road. Home test kids are unobtainable. Sansum makes you have a doctor's note. Every Cottage testing site returns "no availabiity at this time". What a joke. I don't know where else to get tested. Is there anywhere where you could just drive up or walk up and get tested in Santa Barbara? Even if you have to wait an hour or two is preferable than booking one in the 3rd week of January. A nice comprehensive listing of testing centers and how to get tested would be a great public service.

ljmdance Jan 08, 2022 12:46 PM
Extended Hours for COVID-19 PCR Testing

I just checked it out, and a spot opened on Jan 15 in SB. I didn't take it, as I have an appt elsewhere a couple of days sooner than that. Maybe keep checking?

a-1641621324 Jan 07, 2022 09:55 PM
Extended Hours for COVID-19 PCR Testing

What about Monday Tuesday and Wednesday this is a Real clown show everyone’s following the high and mighty elected clowns instructions to get tested but there’s no test sites the big one at Goleta community center shut down in the beginning of this mess -Thank God this virus strain is not very potent and people are getting very sick

Gregoreo Jan 07, 2022 07:46 PM
Extended Hours for COVID-19 PCR Testing

I have a spare home kit pack of 2. $200 east SB. Ask is high so it goes to someone who urgently needs it for whatever reason

JB86 Jan 07, 2022 07:06 PM
Extended Hours for COVID-19 PCR Testing

Please excuse my ignorance, but why the rush on COVID testing? Unless one needs to get a test in order to meet some requirement, like ability to travel or attend some event, or is symptomatic, why get tested? Seems to me that people not in these categories should refrain from testing to make room for those who really need it.

LooseCannon Jan 09, 2022 06:54 AM
Extended Hours for COVID-19 PCR Testing

I don't understand the clamor for tests either. We should assume that there is widespread community transmission and that the chances of being infected, vaccinated or not, are very good--and adapt to that reality. (My daughter tells me that 400 students at Dos Pueblos HS are currently out sick with COVID.)

How am I adapting to this new reality? Simple. I am fully vaccinated and boosted, and not worried about a slight cough or the sniffles. That's the benefit of being vaccinated,. I see no need to get tested. Why spend all that time and money? In the service of what exactly? I just assume I have COVID, with or without symptons, and go about my regular activities.

Three years into this pandemic and it seems incredible to me that we still don't have a broad VACCINE MANDATE for indoor activities, places of employment, and travel. And I am amazed that the government didn't include N95 masks and testing kits along with the stimulus checks that were sent to every household. The incompetence and lack of foresight is breathtaking.

As long as there is a sizeable chunk of the population that refuses to get vaccinated, we're stuck with this crisis. Frankly, I am no longer willing to bend over backwards and submit to endless restrictions to protect the lives of the ignorant and the intractable. The very old, sick, and immunocompromised, on the other hand, have my sympathy, and need to take extra precautions, as they have always done, even in the Beforetimes.

If the Dems persist in shutting down schools and restricting everyone's lives, even those of us who are vaccinated, there will be a red GOP tsunami in the midterms, and that's more dangerous to our collective body politic than the Omicron variant.

ljmdance Jan 08, 2022 12:44 PM
Extended Hours for COVID-19 PCR Testing

Ummm... Some of us need to go to work in order to pay our rent, utilities, and "essentials," like food & stuff, but we have the integrity to not want to take the chance of infecting others (who if infected would also suffer loss of income/life opportunities).