Ellen DeGeneres Sells $23 Million Carpinteria Home

Ellen DeGeneres Sells $23 Million Carpinteria Home title=
Ellen DeGeneres Sells $23 Million Carpinteria Home

(Photos: Realtor.com)

By edhat staff

Talk show host Ellen DeGeneres and actor wife Portia de Rossi have sold their $23 million Carpinteria home.

The celebrity couple purchased the 4 bedroom, 5.5 bath oceanfront home in 2017 for $18.6 million and have reportedly secured an all-cash offer close to their asking price. The property was marketed by local Compass broker Suzanne Perkins and Riskin Partners Group at Village Properties.

The new owner is Jamie Kern Lima and her husband Paul. Lima is a former television star who founded IT cosmetics in 2008. She sold the business in 2016 to L'Oreal for $1.2 billion, reports Variety.

The 6,862-square-foot property sits on 1.13 acres with 77 feet of beach frontage. It includes a fitness room, oceanfront balconies, huge closets, private spa, tennis courts, and a 900 square foot guest house. Other celebrity neighbors in Carpinteria include George Lucas, Kevin Costner, Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis, and Lynda Weinman from lynda.com.

DeGeneres and de Rossi listed their $8.95 million Montecito home this past February and quickly purchased a Bali-inspired mansion closer to the mountains in Montecito for $27 million.

“We buy a house, and we love it, and we stay in it, and we get a little bored because we like a different style or a different aesthetic, and I love furniture and I love decorating,” DeGeneres told Savannah Guthrie during an appearance on “TODAY” last fall. “So, if I find something else and we make money, then why not move to another house?”

The experienced house-flippers still have at least one property in the Santa Barbara area and it probably won't be their last.

Kern Lima also has several local residences. Just last year she paid $35 million in cash for a Montecito compound previously owned by the late owner of several Philadelphia sports franchises, billionaire Ed Snider. It sits right next door to Oprah Winfrey’s 66-acre property and was reportedly the most expensive Santa Barbara County residential transaction in more than a decade, reports Variety.

jimbo11 Jul 29, 2019 02:49 PM
Ellen DeGeneres Sells $23 Million Carpinteria Home

Don't be fooled. She is a horrible person. Doesn't pay her bills. The people that work for her say is is rude and mean and a complete hypocrite. It is no secret in Hollywood how fake she is. You can google stories about her. Fake!!

a-1566747216 Jul 29, 2019 07:15 PM
Ellen DeGeneres Sells $23 Million Carpinteria Home

I hope that she is not like Mr. Rob "I Never Tip Wait Staff" Lowe and many other ultra-stingy "Hollywood" types. Anyone else on this board have firsthand experience with our local wealthy celebs who treat staff and restaurant staff like so much dirt? Not all celebs treat people poorly.

ChrisHagerty Jul 28, 2019 10:01 AM
Ellen DeGeneres Sells $23 Million Carpinteria Home

Ellen ~ house adjacent to yours (west side) will be for sale soon. I imagine this would be a construction project for new owner. Owning this property would ensure your privacy. If interested, email frogcanyon@gmail.com.

aragorn Jul 28, 2019 08:37 AM
Ellen DeGeneres Sells $23 Million Carpinteria Home

I wonder if those two shop at the .99 Cents Store on the 400 block of State St. or at Chapala Market on the 600 block of N. Milpas St. If they do, no one would notice them.

Crystalandmaui Jul 28, 2019 07:26 AM
Ellen DeGeneres Sells $23 Million Carpinteria Home

Wow, wish I was the realtor on that, good luck, they have it obviously, so spend it here in Santa Barbara. And have a wonderful life. Good for them. I keep wishing I’ll run into her, but no. Oh well back to my little house, but I have a fantastic ocean view.

Roger Jul 28, 2019 06:21 AM
Ellen DeGeneres Sells $23 Million Carpinteria Home

If it wasn't for Ellen I would not have had Belinda in my life for many years the Ellen show gave her something to look forward to she watched every show even the reruns over and over again. I got her tickets to the show once. She was in shock seeing Ellen come out on stage that she did not sit down rightaway and I got to see her on TV I still laugh at that. I hope she never leaves I'm forever grateful.

a-1566747216 Jul 27, 2019 03:42 PM
Ellen DeGeneres Sells $23 Million Carpinteria Home

Does that include clothing/shoes? Not only did I know that, I know that I'll never ever have a set house cleaners making my place look ready for a magazine shoot.

a-1566747216 Jul 27, 2019 03:17 PM
Ellen DeGeneres Sells $23 Million Carpinteria Home

You do know that for real estate publications ALL personal effects have to be removed or put away. The buyer has to be able to imagine their stuff in the space not be distracted by the seller's junk. I'm sure you knew that.