Edhat Supporter Jo Duffy Passes Away

Edhat Supporter Jo Duffy Passes Away title=
Edhat Supporter Jo Duffy Passes Away

Our beloved Jo Duffy landing her beloved Cessna in December of 2013 (Photo: John Wiley)

By an edhat reader

Longtime edhat subscriber and reader Josephine (Jo) Duffy passed away on Friday, February 22.

She loved her sons Patrick and Michael, grandsons Jacob and Keeley, and a large wonderful family. She had a large circle of friends, loved outdoor activities, musical events, and volunteering for many local nonprofits.

Her favorite activity, though, was flying in her own plane, and often posted on edhat as “JoJoflys”. A Celebration of her Life will be held at a later date. She is sorely missed.

MaxPilot Mar 01, 2019 08:40 AM
Edhat Supporter Jo Duffy Passes Away

Sad to hear this. Condolences. Jo was a frequent flyer at Santa Barbara Airport and will be missed. I will miss Jo.

a-1568868842 Mar 01, 2019 07:53 AM
Edhat Supporter Jo Duffy Passes Away

A truly kindhearted and warm person. I knew Jo as an Edhat contributor and supporter, and had the pleasure of meeting her on several occasions. I always appreciated her wonderful energy and obvious love of the sky. Deepest condolences to her family. Sue Foley

taz Feb 28, 2019 10:56 PM
Edhat Supporter Jo Duffy Passes Away

Jo took me flying too - and helped me relax flying in small planes. She was a model of helpful volunteering for aviation and other organizations. She had a bright vibrant energy and was well-loved. She will be missed by me, and lots of others in town. I wish her family well. They can be proud of her!

John Wiley Feb 28, 2019 02:10 PM
Edhat Supporter Jo Duffy Passes Away

Though so many in regional aviation (including ATC) miss her sparkling radio calls, Jo was well known in many other circles. She was an excellent pilot, a great friend, and a prize asset to many groups and organizations including the regional aviation community. She often stood on the field watching new pilots solo, as she did for me in 2006. She was the engine behind many regional events and gatherings. Her warmth and intelligence added greatly to everything she was involved with, and her generosity touched countless lives. Fair winds and blue skies, dear Jo.

Bird Feb 28, 2019 12:45 PM
Edhat Supporter Jo Duffy Passes Away

Oh, I am so sorry to read this! I've been thinking of her, hadn't seen her for a while ---- and hoped she was okay. I, too, was lucky enough to be taken flying once. What a lovely person she was!

cat2fat2 Feb 28, 2019 12:23 PM
Edhat Supporter Jo Duffy Passes Away

Ah Jo - We can never replace you. You are one of a kind, interested in so many activities and adventures, I could never keep up. I will think of you each time I see an airplane, beautiful eagle, or a beautiful rose.

EMI Photo Feb 28, 2019 12:15 PM
Edhat Supporter Jo Duffy Passes Away

condolences to her family. She was kind enough to invite me to fly with her on a few occasions, very nice lady, skilled pilot and all around great person.

whiskybeach Feb 28, 2019 11:36 AM
Edhat Supporter Jo Duffy Passes Away

I had the pleasure to fly with her once and will always cherish the memories of that trip. Rest in peace.