Early Morning Walking Routes

By an edhat reader

Does anyone know of safe and well-lit places in SB to walk/run early in the morning with a dog?

Or, is there anyone out there looking for a walk/running buddy that would like to exercise 4:30-5:30am?

smartypants Nov 30, 2017 02:53 PM
Early Morning Walking Routes

Good grief... what is rich? Trees, birds or money? What a bunch of baloney.

420722 Nov 30, 2017 12:17 PM
Early Morning Walking Routes

I’ve never understood why people need to inform others how rich they are...oh well. I agree that the sbcc track is probably best for well lit and maybe you’ll meet someone there that shares your same interest of walking so early in the morn!

a-1539741129 Nov 30, 2017 03:27 PM
Early Morning Walking Routes

I seriously doubt it was meant in the way you mean. In describing the neighbourhood as rich she probably intended to portray its safety and pleasant surroundings.

a-1539741129 Nov 30, 2017 11:28 AM
Early Morning Walking Routes

Why not walk at SBCC? The track there must be one of the most well-lit walking areas in all of Santa Barbara. The other night the stadium lights were glaring like a small sun. ********Grove Lane: If I heard walkers blabbing from inside my house pre-dawn, I would tell them to rein it in, the selfish jerks.

a-1539741129 Nov 29, 2017 09:13 PM
Early Morning Walking Routes

I'd love to introduce you to a couple of female human dogless 5 a.m.-ish walkers on Grove Lane! I may be wrong, might be closer to 6 a.m. But it's dark, and they don't use their inside voices, bless their hearts! One becomes accustomed to regular noises and adapts to sleep through them. We're reasonably well-lit, as the neighborhood is rich, but it's pretty damn dark between street lights. Most in-the-dark dog walkers I see use flashlights these months. I would use a head lamp, as I saw one dog walker do, leaving your hands free.

a-1539741129 Nov 30, 2017 03:21 PM
Early Morning Walking Routes

I wouldn't characterize W. San Roque as rich (more like the median for SB realty) but it is quiet and the traffic tends to be local not cut through - though at that time in the morning/night the only traffic is the paper delivery truck. I assume you said that to mean it's quite safe.

a-1539741129 Nov 30, 2017 11:52 AM
Early Morning Walking Routes

Your neighborhood is rich, good to know. I hope none of the UPS FedEx truck chasers read EH. I second SBCC, if your willing to drive to another neighborhood, then driving to CC shouldn't be an issue either. Good luck, maybe other readers have other suggestions.