Door to Door Panhandling

Report of a subject going door to door and asking for money in the 1000 block of Miramonte.

ChemicalSuperFreak Feb 04, 2020 08:57 PM
Door to Door Panhandling

Can you clarify? Asking for donations for a charity, or just asking for money for themselves? Was this something you heard from the scanner, or another source? Just curious.

a-1580883311 Feb 04, 2020 10:15 PM
Door to Door Panhandling

If it's Roger reporting and unless he states otherwise, he is relaying scanner information.

Roger Feb 05, 2020 06:52 AM
Door to Door Panhandling

This was off the police scanner called in by a reporting party in the 1000 Block of Miramonte I reported it as it was getting on in the Evening and if people are going to go door to door they should do it in the day time,,I did this once myself when I was younger I only did it once in another city I was with another bum an older guy teaching me the ropes maybe I'll tell you about it on FRYday..As big as I am I don't open the door for people I don't know after dark too much crime out there nowadays..

d8vanilla Feb 04, 2020 09:42 PM
Door to Door Panhandling

Yikes !!! I worked for my money, saved, sacrificed , so I am very very very reluctant to give it away to anyone begging for it. I will tell them to check into Labor Ready / People Ready, the company that can find them jobs.....

a-1580911863 Feb 05, 2020 06:11 AM
Door to Door Panhandling

Panhandling and asking for money by stores and intersections is bad enough, but door to door panhandling is violating! Many of the people asking for handouts are mentally ill or on drugs, fact, and there is danger in this behavior. Nip it!

I pay taxes that contributes towards welfare, food stamps and other programs to help people and that funds programs to help people who want to help themselves to get on their feet. My home is my safe place and I don't want anyone uninvited knocking on my door, period.

SBMT Feb 05, 2020 07:33 AM
Door to Door Panhandling

This individual came to my door Saturday afternoon. He was asking for donations for some sort of AA program in exchange for candy. I kindly informed him that soliciting isn’t allowed in SB Highlands. Also, I told him it’s very likely someone will call the cops as people won’t tolerate it. He said thank you and continued going door to door. He seemed like a nice guy based of our conversation. However, take precaution. Interesting to hear that he actually came back for another round.

Roger Feb 05, 2020 07:59 AM
Door to Door Panhandling

Those guys have been around here before the program is in LA. I did not hear anything about the candy last night Thank You for the information.

PitMix Feb 05, 2020 08:42 AM
Door to Door Panhandling

My dogs discourage this kind of evening activity. Good dogs!

FredMertzEE Feb 05, 2020 06:50 PM
Door to Door Panhandling

I just had a guy come to my door doing the old sob story about a tough life that serves as an entry point for a pitch to buy massively overpriced magazine subscriptions that may never be delivered or just give him money instead because that would be easier. Since I live in a neighborhood that is not really walkable and saw him and a buddy squatting in a yard across the street for about 25 minutes before they started their door to door walk and fraudulent sales/begging speech, I think it's safe to assume that we have one of these traveling scam artist groups in the Santa Barbara area. They have been operating forever, typically loading up in a car and driving from place to place before descending teams on neighborhoods with this crap like a bunch of locusts and then moving on to the next town.