Direct Flights to San Diego Begin June 17
Source: City of Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara Airport (SBA) is excited to announce that Alaska Airlines will offer direct service to San Diego International Airport (SAN) starting on June 17, 2021. With only a one-hour flight time to and from San Diego, travelers will have the opportunity to bypass the long 4+ hour drive through Los Angeles. This is now the third daily direct destination for Alaska Airlines out of SBA. Advance booking is available now onwww.alaskaair.com. An Embraer 175 will serve the route, with a capacity of up to 74 passengers, and 4 classes of seating options.
“We are honored that Alaska Airlines has chosen SBA for this new route to San Diego and we are reassured summertime travel to southern California just got easier with this new direct service says Airport Director, Henry Thompson. “This new flight will offer a quick trip to sunny San Diego for families and those needing to travel for business.”
Daily San Diego 4:30 PM Santa Barbara 5:35 PM
Daily Santa Barbara 6:15 PM San Diego 7:17 PM
SBA is also celebrating the new services in June every Saturday and Sunday from 11am-1pm with Dave’s Dogs on site at the Terminal. All are welcome to join, come out to support a great local business and sit on the observation deck to check out SBA’s behind the scenes operations.
SBA has created a “Safe Air Travel Check List” as an easy reminder for travelers, which includes:
- Face Coverings
- Hand and Surface Sanitizers
- Wash Hands Regularly
- Keep a Safe 6 ft (2M) Distance from Others
- Check with Your Airline for Specific Regulations
- Do Not Travel if You Are Feeling Sick
For a copy of the checklist and more information about what to expect when traveling through SBA during the COVID-19 pandemic, please visit www.flysba.com.
Santa Barbara Airport offers the following Direct Flights:
- Chicago via American Airlines: Seasonal Service only on Saturdays and Sundays between May 8 - September 5, 2021
- Chicago via United Airlines
- Dallas via American Airlines
- Denver via United Airlines and Southwest Airlines
- Las Vegas via Southwest Airlines
- Los Angeles via United Airlines
- Oakland via Southwest Airlines
- Phoenix via American Airlines
- Portland via Alaska Airlines
- San Diego via Alaska Airlines starting June 17, 2021
- San Francisco via United Airlines
- Seattle via Alaska Airlines
Jun 09, 2021 11:32 AM
Excited for this option after my last 5-hour drive south without stopping (ugh). Just FYI, the Alaska website shows different timing of the daily flights than the article notes.
Jun 09, 2021 04:10 PM
Jun 09, 2021 05:39 PM
Excellent! Now can leap-frog over LA and go see people I care about in San Diego.
Jun 10, 2021 11:35 AM
Let's hope this takes a LOT of drivers off the road. A good thing!
Jun 10, 2021 12:00 PM
Okay, so mask up, stay 6' away from others, but then cram 6'' away from others while on the plane for hours..... Science ™ !
Jun 10, 2021 01:27 PM
Get the vaccine, if you're so worried about it. Or, don't fly at all...