Cox Cable Service Issues?

By an edhat reader

Is anyone else having a problem with their Cox Cable TV service near downtown Santa Barbara? I called Cox and they cannot tell if there is a problem.

EastBeach Feb 09, 2019 11:49 AM
Cox Cable Service Issues?

OP - still having issues? One year after intermittent problems, Cox came out and found out the line between the street pole and my house was filled with water! Turns out the old coax cable didn't have waterproof outdoor connectors (like they now use).

Lucky 777 Feb 09, 2019 10:42 AM
Cox Cable Service Issues?

I once had interactions with a Cox employee who was very rude to me on email, then she somehow mistakenly copied me on an email sent to a colleague saying I was a pain and "Not worth it as a customer." Ouch! I forwarded that email to corporate in Atlanta............. and their apology was 2 tickets to see Willy Nelson at the SB Bowl! And I still have to deal with that same local employee when things go wrong. It did not affect her standing in the company at all.

Yeti Feb 08, 2019 06:13 PM
Cox Cable Service Issues?

Connection speed has really dropped off in downtown in the past couple of weeks.. have called them but no improvement yet and no explanation. Always pretty poor service. Santa Barbara Monopoly! ALWAYS RUNNING: Why are you paying for TV through Cox when you can get better for less on Satellite? We don't pay for TV anymore, just internet, but when we did we were a Dish subscriber for years. Better service, lots of channels for less money. No brainer.

Always_Running Feb 08, 2019 03:09 PM
Cox Cable Service Issues?

Service should work for the outrageous price their charging. They’ve raised prices this month, and my bill is now over $200 for basic internet with “advanced TV.”

a-1555892626 Feb 08, 2019 02:52 PM
Cox Cable Service Issues?

My Contour Cable box shuts of for several hours then shuts off for a few hours then turns back on again . It's not any of the connections.

a-1555892626 Feb 08, 2019 01:24 PM
Cox Cable Service Issues?

Be sure you're getting your Senior Discount (if you qualify). Be sure to call Cox every time your service is wonky. Keep track of times and dates. Then be sure to connect with the "Loyalty Department" and ask for a refund on your bill when service is bad/goes out. Talk nicely and you may get a nice chunk off your next bill.

a-1555892626 Feb 08, 2019 11:53 AM
Cox Cable Service Issues?

The only problem with Cox is they raise their fees as often as legally possible regardless of enhanced service. Boo