COVID-19 Rental Assistance Still Available for Goleta Residents
Source: City of Goleta
Goleta residents financially impacted by COVID-19 (e.g. job loss, reduction in wages, etc.) can apply for rental assistance funds. The City of Goleta is providing funds to assist residents with their rent through the Housing Authority of Santa Barbara County. There is still money left – please apply today if you need rental assistance.
Interim Director of Neighborhood Services and Public Safety Jaime Valdez said, “The City is glad to be able to support our residents during these difficult times. We hope that by providing a program to assist with rent, we can ease some of the stress that people are feeling.”
Upon application approval, applicants may receive up to $5,000 or up to 3 months of current and/or past-due rental expenses, whichever is less. Once approved, assistance payments to applicants will be paid directly to landlords.
ELIGIBILITY / DOCUMENTATION
- Must provide proof of residency in the City of Goleta
- Household income must be 80% or below the area median income (AMI)
- Must demonstrate loss of income related to COVID-19, with eligibility starting last year on March 13, 2020, and must provide:
- Documentation of past 2 months of income for the entire household
- Proof of lease or rental agreement
Additional documentation may be required during the review process. To apply, go to https://portal.neighborlysoftware.com/SANTABARBARACOUNTYCA/participant.
If you need assistance or have questions, contact the Housing Authority at 805-735-8351 or email Questions@hasbarco.org.