Cold Spring Tavern Walkthrough

By Christopher Andrew

I'm an old resident who has recently visited after six years. I am making some captioned walkthrough videos and here is my most recent trip to Cold Spring Tavern. It was very nice to be back in town. Please enjoy.

NostraChumash Sep 13, 2021 10:34 AM
Cold Spring Tavern Walkthrough

As the self-appointed King of SB, I
hereby declare & impose the
"Locals pronounciation act".
Whereas, one may use the following
terms: Henry's beach
Alice Keck park
Cold Springs anything
All Spanish named streets( just do your best)..
...& "Nah-Koi" salad.

Lucky 777 Sep 12, 2021 05:49 PM
Cold Spring Tavern Walkthrough

OK, considering that Cold SPRING Tavern has come SO close to being burned out by fires several times the use of flying candle flame sky lanterns as the intro gives me the shivers. They are NEVER appropriate in our drought stricken area. Then, what the Hell, why didn't he even mention or stick his nose in the restaurant? Which of course does not serve BEAR.

Sail380 Sep 14, 2021 08:01 AM
Cold Spring Tavern Walkthrough

About the same chance of that as any meat. You should learn proper food preparation and cooking techniques!!!

a-1631585865 Sep 13, 2021 07:17 PM
Cold Spring Tavern Walkthrough

I had the same reaction to seeing those floating candle lanterns at the beginning.

Minibeast Sep 12, 2021 10:00 PM
Cold Spring Tavern Walkthrough

People may think you're kidding about African lion being advertised on The Tavern's menu, but I remember that shamefulness. At the time, I wrote a strongly worded letter to the owners/management. How un*bear*ably stupid of them to offer bear and lion. What's in the "wild game chili," MENEKSE? Opossum? Raccoon? Horny toad? Squirrel and chipmunk? Please tell me it's not Condor. /s.

a-1631504447 Sep 12, 2021 08:40 PM
Cold Spring Tavern Walkthrough

The Cold Spring Tavern restaurant has, in the past, served bear, and also African lion.

LisaD Sep 12, 2021 02:51 PM
Cold Spring Tavern Walkthrough

Was all that stuff in the back behind the building always there, or was it constructed as more post-COVID open air seating? I've been going to cold springs for 20ish years and never knew there was anything back there past the tri tip counter

menekse Sep 12, 2021 01:30 PM
Cold Spring Tavern Walkthrough

Love this! Thank you for such a great walk-through! Just want to make a correction on behalf of Cold Spring Tavern, we don’t serve bear, but we do serve venison and we have a wild game chili!

Luvaduck Sep 12, 2021 07:17 AM
Cold Spring Tavern Walkthrough

Before Covid made gathering with strangers hazardous, we'd go up to see tricked out motorcycles & riders some Sundays, listen to Tom and Kenny play "Perfect Woman", drink beer, eat BBQ. Other times, there might be a little band and dancing. Once residents selling crafts and taking up a collection to support the emergency radio station. We sometimes ate breakfast in the backroom before a hike and had a family celebration-dinner or five, but it's a good place to avoid if it's littered with tons of college kids (althought the viewing can be fine <G>) or day-trippers. Kills the down-home vibe.