Coffee Bean at De La Vina Now Permanently Closed

By an edhat reader

The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf on Upper State and De La Vina is permanently closed, and just like that no more ice blended’s. The staff were wonderful. I will miss Enrique, Celeste, Chase, and the rest of CBTL’s smiling and always helpful crew.

SandyS Jul 27, 2020 10:36 AM
Coffee Bean at De La Vina Now Permanently Closed

How many business have closed during this pandemic here? About 10 or more? Nordstrom, Sur La Table, one Subway, Dutch Gardens, Enterprise Fish, Plum Goods [I think that was the downtown business that closed?], this one. THose are just the ones I can recall right now but I believe there were more.

OICU812 Jul 27, 2020 11:21 AM
Coffee Bean at De La Vina Now Permanently Closed

Tadges; where did you hear this information? I would think there would need to be major compliance upgrades to the building, kitchen, and outhouses. I would love it if this were true, although I will miss Ken's awesome cooking!

tagdes Jul 27, 2020 01:35 PM
Coffee Bean at De La Vina Now Permanently Closed

A friend of the property owner back in the Silver Spurs days from 1978 drove by and said they are in the process of updating the kitchen and landscaping would reopen in a few months. They said it'l still be Dutch Garden and have the same recipes.

a-1595899151 Jul 27, 2020 06:19 PM
Coffee Bean at De La Vina Now Permanently Closed

It is interesting that so many Economic Darwinists who regularly tout the merits of unfettered capitalism and competition are upset when these forces come to bear. These faltered businesses simply failed to compete and deserve to pass away. I never understood the ability of a business serving coffee at ridiculous prices to survive anyway.

PitMix Jul 28, 2020 02:06 PM
Coffee Bean at De La Vina Now Permanently Closed

Hardly anyone does this. The capitalists get government to bail them out, and the liberals care too much about the workers and their families to abandon them to free market forces.

SBLetsGetAlong Jul 27, 2020 06:39 PM
Coffee Bean at De La Vina Now Permanently Closed

And another business bites the dust along with those counter clerks jobs and the suppliers jobs.
Just pointing out facts.
Soon closed businesses will exceed homeless fires.