CNN Features Butterfly Beach title=

By an edhat reader

I was scrolling through my News app on my phone and I noticed this headline from CNN Travel, "This beach is a slice of calm in Santa Barbara."

The caption continued stating, "Butterfly Beach is the perfect place to spend California hazy days" next to the below video.

As soon as I watched it I was curious what edhat readers would think.

a-1542504786 Aug 22, 2018 08:16 PM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

Must just be an ad; hard to find online. It's no longer on CNN. Found it here: ========================================= https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/this-beach-is-a-slice-of-calm-in-santa-barbara/vi-BBLXXwM ========================================= Of course it just an ad. I live near Jeannine's on northside. Don't bother going to Ontare Plaza until after they close! Or park north of this strip mall and walk in if you need a great pharmacy, Medicine Shoppe uptown. I do NOT work there or have any interest in the business; their customer service is superb. Good thing they deliver. Funny, I have a hankering for beef vegetable soup and prime rib...

Red Creek Aug 16, 2018 08:48 PM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

September is the best time to visit Santa Barbara, but the "season" of good weather and warm temps can linger through December. Expensive venues, financially out of reach for most visitors.

Crystalandmaui Aug 16, 2018 08:19 PM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

I love Santa Barbara, everyone there looks happy to be there, enjoying walking through town, getting something to eat, going to the beach. What’s not to love.

a-1542504786 Aug 16, 2018 09:24 AM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

Remember Headline news on CNN? It was great with 30 minute segments that updated all day long offering world, regional, sports, weather, etc. It was a fantastic product and what gave CNN the neutrality which put it in airports, doctors offices and gyms across the country. I miss that channel. Sadly now, flipping it on randomly, it's either talking box political mumbo-jumbo or a drug commercial. Those were the days.

a-1542504786 Aug 16, 2018 11:33 AM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

At least CNN had the smarts to get rid of Fareed Zakaria after he was busted plagiarising dozens of articles....but then they rehired Fareed the serial plagiarist again. Like firing an accountant for embezzlement, then hiring them again. CNN....the most trusted name in Fake News.

a-1542504786 Aug 16, 2018 08:28 AM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

Haha CNN - who even watches that trash anymore. SB is definitely a tourist destination but like someone recently said to me - who knows why anymore. I mean seriously, not much here except nice weather and beaches, but the water is so cold and beaches so dirty (except for Butterfly Beach which really is quite clan) - and not to mention the disgusting state of State Street. WHy anyone would come here on vacation for more than just a day or so if they had extra time, with all the other much nicer places to go - is beyond me.

a-1542504786 Aug 15, 2018 11:46 PM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

Santa Barbara is "still untouched." (Stop, puh-leese. You're killing me.) "We love having everyone come to Santa Barbara." (Yeah. Cha-ching, cha-ching goes the register.) "Santa Barbara is still beachy." (Raise your hand if you go to the Coral Casino or have been to The Four Seasons in the past two decades.) And, hey, touros: BYOOO: Bring your own olive oil so you can get the tar off your shoes/feet, after your leisurely Biltmore Beach stroll.

Mo-leta Aug 16, 2018 01:15 PM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

When I moved here I was told vodka took off the tar. I like the baby oil suggestion- thx

pstarSR Aug 16, 2018 07:06 AM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

you use olive oil! to take tar off. baby oil is significantly cheaper and doesnt smell like you just rolled in a pot of spaghetti . no wonder why people think we are rich, we use olive oil to clean our feet!

a-1542504786 Aug 15, 2018 09:28 PM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

It's so obvious from two commenst to this post the readers must be"deer in the headlights" FOX New viewers. "Sad!" Hate to tell you but FOX, Alex Jones & a few others are groing noses past their feet!

a-1542504786 Aug 16, 2018 10:31 AM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

I think it wss the pantsuits that did her in...no question about that...

a-1542504786 Aug 16, 2018 03:01 AM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

This article is indicative of the meaningless noise that most Americans have come to expect from the mainstream press.

a-1542504786 Aug 16, 2018 08:14 AM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

SB is a tourist destination and always has been. Expecting otherwise is delusional. Stop griping.

a-1542504786 Aug 15, 2018 05:21 PM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

Fake news! (Says some corrupt dishonest ignorant imbecile elected by people like him.)

a-1542504786 Aug 15, 2018 03:00 PM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

Based on your browsing, your physical movement while carrying your device, and a multitude of other factors and algorithms set by Google, Facebook, Twitter...you were "targeted" to receive this "random" article....aka advertisement.

destag Aug 15, 2018 01:37 PM
CNN Features Butterfly Beach

More of an ad for Jeannine's and the Biltmore ( Coral Casino is included with deluxe rooms ). Only a glimpse of the beach by the wall and the sunset shot.