Chipmunk Caption Contest Winner Announced
Update by edhat staff
We had a lot of great caption submissions for the photo submitted by reader Chuck Cagara of a chipmunk feverishly eating sunflower seeds. There were adorable captions, political captions, and clever captions. But overall, the edhat staff decided the pun caption would be the winner.
Congratulations to Paxateur for submitting the winning caption:
"Fellow nutcases, I accept the nomination as your new Chairman of the Hoard."
You've won some edhat merchandise to represent your winning status in the community. Thanks to everyone for playing!
By edhat staff
Edhat reader Chuck Cagara captured these great photos of a very hungry Chipmunk in his backyard storing some food for the winter.
"He or she is filling the cheek pouches with sunflower seeds and will then scurry back home to add to the hoard. This round trip may be repeated many times in the coming days. Chipmunks may store as much as 8 pounds of provisions this way (although in Santa Barbara much less may be needed due to a lack of severe winter weather and a year-round abundance of foodstuffs.)," wrote Chuck.
Now it's time for readers to give it a good caption for the chance to win a prize.
Enter your caption below in the comment section. The one that makes the edhat staff laugh the loudest will win, and we may take upvotes into consideration. The best caption will win a prize!
All entries must be received by Sunday (11/8) at 5:00 p.m., the winner will be announced on Monday (11/9).
- Entries must be added below in the comment section
- Only 1 entry per edhat account is eligible [edhat accounts are free, ]
- Any inappropriate or offensive comments will be removed and disqualified.
- All entries must be received by Sunday, November 8, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
- The winner will be contacted via email to the address linked to their edhat account and announced on Monday, November 9.
- The winner will receive a fun prize!