Cell Phone Failure on Upper State Street

Has anyone had a problem with dropped calls when driving by the CVS past Calle Laureles on State Street? Starting about a month ago, whenever I pass that block driving down State Street, my call fails. Is something jamming or interfering with cell calls? Or is it the Verizon store?

McMac Apr 06, 2018 05:45 PM
Cell Phone Failure on Upper State Street

Yes...At just about that point, southbound on the 101 a couple of weeks ago I lost a call & saw that my phone suddenly had no signal at all. My carrier is Verizon. No I wasn't driving; I was a passenger.

ginger1 Apr 06, 2018 12:02 PM
Cell Phone Failure on Upper State Street

"Starting about a month ago, whenever I pass that block driving down State Street, my call fails". That implies (tell us if that's true) that you're always on the phone while driving at that location. I surely hope that it's a hands-free call. Tell us if *that's true*. As far as the dropped Sirius radio, obviously those big trees along State Street need to be removed or perhaps you can get Sirius to re-locate their satellites so as not to kill the trees and so you won't miss the 3-5 seconds of radio lost in the buffering.

Potpourri Apr 06, 2018 09:14 AM
Cell Phone Failure on Upper State Street

The SiriusXM satellite radio in my car cuts out near State Street and Las Positas. The trees block access to the satellite which is south.

REX OF SB Apr 06, 2018 07:25 AM
Cell Phone Failure on Upper State Street

The only dead area I'm aware of is that little valley on Cathedral Oaks Road between Tucker's Grove and the County Fire Dept./County Schools office. It's always been like that.

Yeti Apr 05, 2018 03:54 PM
Cell Phone Failure on Upper State Street

Could just be simply that your carrier has a flat spot in their coverage right there.. No need to pull out the Russian card.

tagdes Apr 05, 2018 03:51 PM
Cell Phone Failure on Upper State Street

We set up a jammer so all you people talking while driving have to take break and not run into us elders coming out of CVS.