Cate School Wins Water Wise Video Contest
Source: Santa Barbara County Water Agency
The Santa Barbara County Water Agency is pleased to announce the winners of the 19th Annual WaterWise High School Video Contest. In total, 41 students from 9 county schools submitted 16 videos. Students were challenged to create 30-second videos centered on the theme, “Water Use Myths at Home and in the Garden.” While the Water Agency and water providers arrange for monetary prizes to the winning schools, local private sector sponsors provide awards for the students and teachers.
- First Place: Cate School for “You Can Make a Difference.” $500 prize provided by Carollo Engineers.
- Second Place: Carpinteria High School for “Facts First.” $250 prize provided by Dudek.
- Third Place: Dos Pueblos High School for “Be an Angel, Save Water!” $150 prize provided by Ewing Irrigation.
- Honorable Mentions: Bishop Diego High School for “Water YOU Doing to Save Water?” and Santa Ynez Valley High School for “The Leak Ghost.” Film festival tickets provided by the Santa Barbara International Film Festival.
- People’s Choice Award: San Marcos High School for “The Silent Leak” with 198 like’s on Facebook. $500 gift card provided by All-Around Landscaping Supply.
Teachers that participated in the questionnaire received movie tickets courtesy of NCM Movie Theatres.
The Water Agency and local water providers appreciate the hard work and creativity that all the students put into creating their videos. We also thank our community sponsors for their generous support. View all video submissions and learn more about our sponsors by visiting WaterWiseSB.org/HSVC. (All video submissions available here)
Let’s bust the myths and continue to be water wise, Santa Barbara County!