Car Stereo Installer Referral

By an edhat reader

I need to have a car stereo installed, can anyone recommend someone?

jasonc70 Mar 18, 2019 12:16 PM
Car Stereo Installer Referral

Why not do it yourself? Plenty of info online and much cheaper than the labor it costs to have it installed. I recently bought a stereo and dash kit on amazon for my 2007 Honda and now have a bluetooth stereo for about $150 total installed.

SBrev60 Mar 18, 2019 11:52 AM
Car Stereo Installer Referral

Auto Sounds Santa Barbara on 1024 De La Vina street is very good and they guarantee their labor for life. I'm sure if you give them a call and let them know what your looking for they'll be able to give you a rough estimate over the phone. Their number is 8059626111.

a-1561546018 Mar 18, 2019 08:17 AM
Car Stereo Installer Referral

I've used both shops - Milpas (CSG) and State Street/Las Positas (SBAS&W) and had good service from both. Why not visit each one, talk to them both about what you need and then pick the one that feels best to you.

d8vanilla Mar 17, 2019 04:52 PM
Car Stereo Installer Referral

ooops !! forgot to mention, the place I bought the speakers for my Honda that didn't fit, was SB Auto Stereo on State & Las Positas.... Too bad, we can't edit our own postings... oh well

d8vanilla Mar 17, 2019 04:51 PM
Car Stereo Installer Referral

That place on lower Milpas is always busy, which could mean they are good !

d8vanilla Mar 17, 2019 04:50 PM
Car Stereo Installer Referral

Years ago, I bought some speakers for my Honda, and they didn't fit, so I took them back, and the guy started arguing with me, saying they fit - double-checked what his book said....... then, he said, if they don't fit , he'll give me new ones for free. So, we go out to my car, and he tries to get the speakers in, but they didn't fit....... well, I was expecting to get my new ones for free, but he didn't stand by his word..... Oh well..... last time I went in there. Got my money back for the wrong ones, and went somewhere else.

Roger Mar 17, 2019 03:37 PM
Car Stereo Installer Referral

CSG on Milpas I have known the owner since the day he opened up and he is a straight shooter good guy..

Z Mar 17, 2019 03:22 PM
Car Stereo Installer Referral

Santa Barbara Auto Stereo & Wireless at State and Las Positas. Not cheap, but really professional and a Verizon Wireless dealer too (way more knowledgeable than the sales people at the Verizon store). They stand behind their work.

a-1561546018 Mar 17, 2019 03:32 PM
Car Stereo Installer Referral

Second this recommendation. Can't beat the customer service and knowledge.