Car Burglar Caught on Camera

Car Burglar Caught on Camera title=
Car Burglar Caught on Camera

By an edhat reader

We have been having alot of break-in's in Carpinteria lately and I caught someone going through my car Tuesday night. Does anyone recognize this guy?

PurpleBee Feb 01, 2019 02:01 AM
Car Burglar Caught on Camera

This is too much. You said you caught this person, but you mean on tape, right? I'm surprised that he could get the door open enough to get in with how close the cars are parked, but he was careful not to smack the other car when he did open the door. The motion sensor lights didn't seem to bother him at all.

LocalMatt Jan 31, 2019 07:58 PM
Car Burglar Caught on Camera

Its probably not a new hat. These days its "cool" to keep the sticker on the bill of the hat. My feeling is young dumb and following others to be cool. Try asking other kids why they keep the sticker on the hat. They probably have no idea why. Just following the trend

LocalsOnly Feb 02, 2019 09:24 AM
Car Burglar Caught on Camera

Those exact same hats are sold at nearly every convenience and liquor store in California. I have two myself - can't beat a decent quality hat with a logo I can get behind for just $10!

yacht rocked Jan 31, 2019 06:51 PM
Car Burglar Caught on Camera

Can anyone read his hat? He's wearing a flashy gold watch band on left wrist, so he's probably right-handed. I'm OK with cutting off his right thumb once he's caught....

LocalsOnly Feb 02, 2019 09:22 AM
Car Burglar Caught on Camera

Sure Yacht guy, because America should totally aspire to be more like Saudi Arabia..

d8vanilla Jan 31, 2019 01:23 PM
Car Burglar Caught on Camera

His fingerprints have to already be in the system, or they won't get a match..

monkeyboy Jan 31, 2019 12:53 PM
Car Burglar Caught on Camera

There are burglaries every week in my neighborhood. Every single time the car is unlocked. Why are people still leaving their cars unlocked with all of the scumbags in town?

Nature Boy Jan 31, 2019 12:47 PM
Car Burglar Caught on Camera

Cops won’t take fingerprints just because someone rummaged around in a car. Keep those cars LOCKED, people! And nothing too valuable inside. Every time I hear someone crying that their phone (or laptop or wallet or iPad) was stolen from their car, I have a hard time having tons of sympathy.

4358ed Jan 31, 2019 11:33 AM
Car Burglar Caught on Camera

Was the car locked ? Looked like he just opened the door with no problem.. Thanks for the heads up -