Can Summerland Residents Travel to Carpinteria?

By an edhat reader

As a Summerland resident on the southside of the 192 - we have no running water but all in/outs are coned off. Are we going to be able to go into Carpinteria at some point? At least on the frontage roads?

Brick Jan 13, 2018 02:10 AM
Can Summerland Residents Travel to Carpinteria?

Summerland to Carpinteria travel south on Lillie/Via Real to barrier at Nidever Road at east corner of Polo Field, turn left and then take first right on 192 east. Continue past damaged bridge and CHS to Linden. Go toward the beach and you're in downtown Carp.

tagdes Jan 11, 2018 06:07 PM
Can Summerland Residents Travel to Carpinteria?

Anyway I can't find the map now with the east end closure but the last I heard you should be able to get to it from Ortega Ridge Rd. to go to Carp. if Das's office says it's open. Things are changing hourly so it's really hard to tell since they just announced mandatory evacuation for almost all of the previous voluntary by 6:00 pm tonight.

macpuzl Jan 10, 2018 10:49 PM
Can Summerland Residents Travel to Carpinteria?

RWBad - the number IDs for anonymous posters change randomly each time you return to Edhat. The date and time are unique, so you can use those to ID a specific comment, but that may not trigger recognition by the poster unless that person is reading carefully.

a-1532068669 Jan 10, 2018 10:01 PM
Can Summerland Residents Travel to Carpinteria?

Got out and did some exploring myself. It seems that Summerland residents can go southbound on the 101. But the only way I could get back was by taking the frontage roads to the Padaro NB on ramp. I had to show my ID for proof of residency but they let me take the 101 NB to the Summerland exit. Carpinteria Smart N Final was sold out of water. We’ve been told we don’t have water because of the Montecito power outages.

Roger Jan 11, 2018 08:02 AM
Can Summerland Residents Travel to Carpinteria?

Tri County produce has water machines, Crown Liquor has them, Chapala Market I guess I was think about it here sorry I KNOW VENDING MACHINES DON'T MAKE WATER...

a-1532068669 Jan 11, 2018 07:48 AM
Can Summerland Residents Travel to Carpinteria?

Roger, vending machines don't make water. They are just big filter units and depend on tap water that comes from the same place residents get theirs from. If residents don't have running water you can count on vending machines not having any either.

a-1532068669 Jan 11, 2018 07:49 AM
Can Summerland Residents Travel to Carpinteria?

Roger if residents don't have running water you can count on vending machines not having any either. They are just large water filters, not water makers.

RockwellBAD Jan 10, 2018 09:39 PM
Can Summerland Residents Travel to Carpinteria?

This afternoon, around 5:00 PM, I was communicating with friends that live in Summerland (near Whitney and Olive) who said they haven't been allowed to leave Summerland - obviously not able to travel north on the 101 - but also not allowed to travel south on the 101 (from Summerland). They indicated they cannot be allowed to even go to Carpinteria either.