Caltrans Accepting Public Comments for Bridge Project
Caltrans District 5 will accept public comments on the San Antonio Creek Bridge Scour Mitigation Project on State Route 1 in Santa Barbara County from Friday, October 19 until Monday, November 19. The public may also review the Caltrans Initial Study/Environmental Assessment with a Proposed Mitigated Negative Declaration at the following locations:
- Santa Barbara County Planning Office at 123 East Anapamu Street in Santa Barbara.
- Santa Barbara Public Library in Buellton at 140 West Highway 246.
- Lompoc Public Library at 501 East North Avenue.
- Santa Maria Public Library at 421 South McClelland Street.
- The study is also available for review at: www.dot.ca.gov/d5/
Caltrans has found that this project will not significantly affect the quality of the environment. This project would prevent further scour damage on the south/western bent of the bridge.
Public comments or a request for a public hearing can be sent to Caltrans Senior Environmental Planner Matt Fowler at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 542-4603 by Nov. 19.