By Roger the Scanner Guy

Brush fire on Highway 101 northbound Milpas Street onramp.

Roger Jun 01, 2021 06:49 PM
Brush Fire on Milpas Onramp

FULL SANTA BARBARA CITY FIRE DEPARTMENT RESPONSE FLAMES REPORTED ON RIGHT SIDE..

Roger Jun 01, 2021 07:01 PM
Brush Fire on Milpas Onramp

Another reporter says the fire was between Milpas and Garden on the North side but I heard someone say several small fires in the area..

Roger Jun 01, 2021 07:03 PM
Brush Fire on Milpas Onramp

Hopefully if there were several small fires in the area they are all out..

Roger Jun 01, 2021 07:23 PM
Brush Fire on Milpas Onramp

Looks like there might have been one fire maybe it was spread out alittle I did hear several small fires but I have not heard it since and it sounds like there was just one...Fire Prevention on scene Roger out.

Rypert Johnson Jun 02, 2021 10:08 AM
Brush Fire on Milpas Onramp

BASICINFO805, is that since last year? My count for 2021 alone is 45 including this fire.

edney Jun 01, 2021 08:00 PM
Brush Fire on Milpas Onramp

That investigator probably throws away three pairs of shoes a week... "ah. I stepped in dog crap!"
"I don't see any dogs"

bosco Jun 01, 2021 10:13 PM
Brush Fire on Milpas Onramp

Funny comment. But it all seriousness, I spoke with a local fire Captain that has been dealing with many of these fires and they have to treat them like a hazmat. He shared with me his concerns with sending his guys into these places. The trash collected in these camps is downright dangerous and toxic. There is a serious risk to our firefighters that have to deal with these.

Luvaduck Jun 02, 2021 08:19 AM
Brush Fire on Milpas Onramp

Great idea. Should be issued to the clean-up-after-vagrant crews. Better yet, round up the "campers" and outfit them to clean up their own toxic messes. On bivouac, the army manages to make camp and handle offal without creating dangerous fires and toxic dumps. even the Boy Scouts do and they're just kids.

Rypert Johnson Jun 02, 2021 10:11 AM
Brush Fire on Milpas Onramp

BOSCO, absolutely right on the money! The mess being created by these "houseless neighbors" is something we are going to be cleaning up for some time to come. Thank you Food Not Bombs Isla Vista, Bonfire Collective and Eco-Vista for supporting the perpetuation of this mess. Homeless Inc. loves you!

Rypert Johnson Jun 02, 2021 10:13 AM
Brush Fire on Milpas Onramp

LUVADUCK, good idea, but it has flaws. What you are describing takes work, something the "houseless neighbors" are not known to excel in. But I like your thinking!

Roger Jun 02, 2021 05:48 AM
Brush Fire on Milpas Onramp

You can get the non slip plastic shoe coverings through Amazon for about 12 bucks for 50 pairs I wear them everywhere I go size 15 shoe...

Rypert Johnson Jun 02, 2021 11:08 AM
Brush Fire on Milpas Onramp

I'm just waiting for the "we need to clear underbrush" ridiculousness to begin. That's always fun to watch!

Lucky 777 Jun 02, 2021 11:19 AM
Brush Fire on Milpas Onramp

The "trash" that fills these dumpsites of squalor is largely the random things stolen from our yards. Since when did "in possession of stolen items" become an annoyance instead of a crime? Oh, right, when the $ threshold for prosecution was raised.

Rypert Johnson Jun 02, 2021 11:26 AM
Brush Fire on Milpas Onramp

LUCKY 777, it's organizations like Food Not Bombs Isla Vista, Bonfire Collective and Eco-Vista that want us to adopt the term "reappropriation" in order for us to accept what you just pointed out.
Seriously, don't just take my word for it, go to their facebook and instagram pages and you'll see it in full color!

Roger Jun 02, 2021 02:46 PM
Brush Fire on Milpas Onramp

I have told you guys time and time again put crap on your porch or in your yard you don't want anymore and they will take it away...