Brush Fire at McKinley School

Brush fire in the 300 Block of Loma Alta SB CITY FULL FIRE DEPARTMENT RESPONSE.

sbres Oct 25, 2019 12:48 PM
Brush Fire at McKinley School

There was another fire on the same hill around 11:20 this morning. School was put on lock out until fire was extinguished.

a-1576370479 Oct 24, 2019 10:39 PM
Brush Fire at McKinley School

This fire was reported at 7:30 p.m.? Watching the sunset this evening, I noticed loads of brown out on the horizon, offshore, Santa Cruz Is. The sunset to the west was particularly brown/orange and I went online to see if there was a fire. Seems like a lot of smoke for a fire reported an hour after sunset.

a-1576370479 Oct 25, 2019 10:20 AM
Brush Fire at McKinley School

There is a fire near Castillo and fires in LA. Most of yesterday's smokey haze was from Castillo fire.

a-1576370479 Oct 25, 2019 05:55 AM
Brush Fire at McKinley School

I noticed that too, heard it was from other, bigger fires down further south.

a-1576370479 Oct 25, 2019 01:36 AM
Brush Fire at McKinley School

We saw the smoke from the Riviera before 6:00 p.m. - possibly from the La Conchita Fire?

sbres Oct 24, 2019 09:13 PM
Brush Fire at McKinley School

The hill/brush behind McKinley has long been neglected. Thankfully there were no kids on campus at the time of the fire. Maybe now the city will do some clearing.

Roger Oct 24, 2019 08:59 PM
Brush Fire at McKinley School

The fire is knocked down they have a line around it should be out pretty soon.

Roger Oct 24, 2019 08:40 PM
Brush Fire at McKinley School

The fire was directly under power lines I thought they had said power lines were down but I guess not sorry..I heard it wrong.

klcshank Oct 24, 2019 09:06 PM
Brush Fire at McKinley School

You heard right. They said there were lines down an called for and Edison response. May be down because of the fire may not be the cause of the fire.

Roger Oct 24, 2019 08:34 PM
Brush Fire at McKinley School

I think they switched to tac. 4 ..So there is a Vegetation Fire on McKinkey school grounds at Loma Alta and Cornal, several engines on scene fighting a 1/4th acre fire upon arriving on scene. I don't know if it has gotten any bigger, but there is another engine staged. An Investigator is responding..

Roger Oct 24, 2019 08:21 PM
Brush Fire at McKinley School

There are fire hoses all over the street...Mc Kinley I.C. Lets start an investigator.

Roger Oct 24, 2019 08:17 PM
Brush Fire at McKinley School

Sounds like a hard fire to put out, requesting investigator. Sounds like eucalyptus trees are involved.

Roger Oct 24, 2019 08:10 PM
Brush Fire at McKinley School

Several SMOKE SHOWING PER BATT:730, ENGINE 6 REPORTING FLAMES ON THE HILLSIDE 2 MORE ENGINES REQUESTED.