Body Found On S. Milpas Street

By Roger the Scanner Guy

Code 1144pc: Body found along the fence line at the railroad tracks in the 300 block of South Milpas Street.

doulie Feb 03, 2021 01:53 PM
Body Found On S. Milpas Street

I believe "11-44" is police radio code used when a possible deceased person is located.

doulie Feb 03, 2021 08:10 PM
Body Found On S. Milpas Street

What does "pc" attached to the end of your initial 1144 post represent? From what I've read in this forum for some time, when discussing police issues it is either probable cause or penal code. Neither apply to this case.

Roger Feb 04, 2021 08:46 AM
Body Found On S. Milpas Street

I don't care what you think I write the way I write don't like it read something else.

tagdes Feb 04, 2021 08:49 AM
Body Found On S. Milpas Street

In this case it's just a police code or a "Police 10 Code" as in 10851 etc., opposed to a penal code.

tagdes Feb 04, 2021 11:32 AM
Body Found On S. Milpas Street

I'd better clarify ...as the initial calls (police codes) are 10s and 11s as in 1144 and 10851 is one of the vc codes (vehicle). Also I'm sure that neither Roger or myself at the County ever used the hyphen, same with CHP.

doulie Feb 04, 2021 12:52 PM
Body Found On S. Milpas Street

Roger - I'm not criticizing your writing. I asked a simple question relating to a post you submitted that you have not answered: What does "pc" attached to the end of your initial 1144 post represent?

doulie Feb 04, 2021 01:41 PM
Body Found On S. Milpas Street

Seems like we're getting petty. In a forum such as this why should anyone care whether or not the code (1144) is or is not hyphenated (11-44)? The 10 and 11 series of police codes in most, if not all police radio communication training documents are hyphenated. I guess this is done simply to make the numbers easier to read in series. Written reports do not include the code(s), hyphenated or otherwise. Either way, most people would not know what they mean.

Roger Feb 04, 2021 02:18 PM
Body Found On S. Milpas Street

Penal Code DOULIE It's ok I just write the way I write I'm very Dyslexic from meningitis there are things I can do others I cannot do..The 1144pc is by choice and just my style I'm not changing it anytime soon..I'm not mad