Reported by Roger the Scanner Guy
6:44 p.m., July 2, 2017

Boat ran into Stearns Wharf, no injuries but a hazardous condition. Engine one and Harbor Patrol is responding.

SBZZ Jul 03, 2017 05:58 PM
Boat drove into Wharf

Yep - Donuts are bad for your health but they sure are fun.

goaty Jul 03, 2017 04:58 PM
Boat drove into Wharf

722 your comment might make sense if I was talking about a picture of the guys face but the pictures show him making an unsafe, high speed, maneuver too close to the wharf with a boatload of people with no life jackets and crashing into the wharf so that three were thrown out. I have spent many hours in my youth fishing local waters from my boats and what he did was the definition of unsafe. The captain of a boat is responsible for the safety of all onboard and he failed.

Roger Jul 03, 2017 03:18 PM
Boat drove into Wharf

I judged the guy and still do leaving the scene of a potential crime driving the boat unsafe no life jackets, hit and run it's going to cost a few man or woman hours fixing that piling...According to NH and I do read NH once in the while witnesses say the guy was doing donuts near the wharf. I guess they were not tight enough he hit the wharf.

420722 Jul 03, 2017 02:54 PM
Boat drove into Wharf

Goaty-''twas you judging people by their photos. The point I was making is you don't really know anything about that guy other than he crashed. We all make bad decisions doesn't make him and unsafe and thoughtless person. People assume things about me all the time and they are usually wrong.

Stray Jul 03, 2017 01:22 PM
Boat drove into Wharf

Good clean harmless fun in the sea....America land of the free. Until the boat owner drove too fast, too close to Stearns Wharf, splitting a piling and spilling three passengers overboard, picking up one, then leaving the scene pronto. Happy 4th of July!

goaty Jul 03, 2017 01:13 PM
Boat drove into Wharf

722 I am not sure what point you are attempting to make, this has nothing to do with a persons looks. This fellow was driving his boat around in a tight circle in a place where the wharf surrounds him on three sides and as a result of his negligence he ran his boat into the wharf at a high enough speed to break a piling and dump three passengers into the water.

MountainMan4865 Jul 03, 2017 11:09 AM
Boat drove into Wharf

a-1499105257 -You should have ALL the info before judging, the following is a quote from Noozhawk “He was pretty shaken up but he did not exhibit signs of being under the influence of alcohol,” Kronman said.

420722 Jul 03, 2017 10:38 AM
Boat drove into Wharf

Wow goaty what kind of person am I based of my looks?

goaty Jul 03, 2017 08:32 AM
Boat drove into Wharf

Noozhawk has actual photos of this as it happened, the "captain" of the boat appears to be an incredibly unsafe and thoughtless person.

goaty Jul 03, 2017 07:48 AM
Boat drove into Wharf

A boat will do that, I am surprised it does not happen more often

a-1563729043 Jul 03, 2017 05:00 AM
Boat drove into Wharf

I look forward to hearing more about this; hope it was little damage. The car that drove off was very dramatic, but caused no damage. I assume Harbor budget has some $$ for this, but it will be interesting to see how much.

Roger Jul 02, 2017 06:56 PM
Boat drove into Wharf

Fire department and Harpor Patrol on scene point of impact near the Sea Center they are investigating....