Best viewing for Delta II Launch?

By an edhat reader

There's a Delta II rocket launching JPSS for NOAA at 0147 hours this morning, and I'm wondering if anyone can recommend the absolute best site to see the launch from around VAFB. The rocket is launching from SLC-2, and I found a place next to a golf course off of San Antonio Rd. Its 7 km from SLC-2, but its supposedly low to the ground.

So can anyone with launch viewing experience recommend the best spot near the base to see the launch? Thanks!

macpuzl Nov 15, 2017 07:48 PM
Best viewing for Delta II Launch?

From the Spaceflightnow website: Similar strong upper level winds are predicted Thursday and Friday. ULA is expected to target the Delta 2’s next launch attempt Saturday at 1:47 a.m. PST (4:47 a.m. EST; 0947 GMT).

1984 Nov 14, 2017 10:35 PM
Best viewing for Delta II Launch?

As of 10:30 pm. launch go for 1: 45 am.... Launch time: 0947:02-0948:08 GMT (4:47:02-4:48:08 a.m. EST; 1:47:03-1:48:05 a.m. PST) Launch site: SLC-2W, Vandenberg Air Force Base, California

1984 Nov 14, 2017 09:47 AM
Best viewing for Delta II Launch?

ULA says it is setting up for another potential launch attempt Wednesday at 1:47 a.m. PST (4:47 a.m. EST; 0947 GMT Good luck

1984 Nov 14, 2017 04:47 AM
Best viewing for Delta II Launch?

o bummer I hate when my turbine valve guide vane has an anomaly :( Well ... just had one hell of a T j Hooker , Bonney and Clyde High speed car chase on the white oak, stagecoach ,154 , Armour rch rd.as the play pen. The fun countained numerous felonies ,spike stripps, and Barrel Butts. just finished arrests all less than lethal. 4:44 am.

1984 Nov 14, 2017 08:10 AM
Best viewing for Delta II Launch?

cool my owne down vote stalker. and whats with Flicka getting 6,7,8 up votes per comment. Lol This reminds me of that psychoanalytical guard experiment were they zapped each other. Anomalously ,and known.

drellim Nov 13, 2017 08:06 PM
Best viewing for Delta II Launch?

You can use this site to see the launch and know it will be a go Wind looks better later this eve https://spaceflightnow.com/2017/11/13/delta-2-jpss-1-mission-status-center/ As far as seeing this It is one of the big boys once it clears the lower hills ,It can be seen for hundreds of miles . Last one I saw I could hear the roar in Paso Robles .

macpuzl Nov 13, 2017 07:35 PM
Best viewing for Delta II Launch?

Watch out for the wind! If it's anything like what's happening in the Noleta foothills, they will scrub the launch.