Bad Driving Caught on Camera title=

By an edhat reader

Two guys in a convertible Mercedes were weaving through traffic coming off of Calle Real. After cutting people off and making some dangerous maneuvers they finally passed my car on the Fairview overpass, in sight of my dash cam. They decided they had right-of-way over everyone else no matter what lane or traffic direction they traveled in. (dash cam date is wrong)

a-1558619103 Jun 08, 2018 12:08 AM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

Today at around 3:00PM I saw a 16-year-old (15? 17?) riding his electric bike down State from Alamar----on the sidewalk----riding on the east side of the street (against traffic, if he'd been on the road). He was going about 20mph, no joke.n ***** Parents----is this your kid?***** There's a lot of bad, bad idiot people out there, driving like loser poser lame-asses. I wish SBPD would get with it, busting the people who run red lights, roll through stop signs at 10mph, all the drivers cutting off pedestrians at the crosswalks and so on. Why do I never see arrogant bast**ds getting pulled over but only see, day in and day out, these jerk drivers making things dangerous for the rest of us? If that kid on his electric bike slams into a pedestrian . . .

Big mack Jun 07, 2018 10:33 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

Just wait until all those empty apartments ( Los Canaros / and next to Hwy 217 ), houses ( they're being built all over Goleta ) and condos ( all over Goleta ) are filled up with people . That'll put another 3,000 cars on the Road . Tempers are really going to rise . By the way, Santa Barbara is a no smoking City . They need to enforce the law by citing these smokers and put up no smoking signs from, Sola down to the ocean on, State .

tagdes Jun 08, 2018 08:08 AM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

They'll enforce no smoking right after driving while texting and driving with your headlights off when it's raining. Even the cops don't turn theirs' on when it's raining.

Ryan93105 Jun 07, 2018 10:22 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

Whenever I encounter a driver like this I slow down and start singing "do you know, where you're going to, do you like the things that life is showing you.......where are you going to....do you know?"

channelcat5 Jun 07, 2018 06:57 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

I was born and raised here, almost 49 years... its a tough reality knowing what SB/Goleta was and now what it’s become. I use to get offended when close friends and family would leave and make comments about how awful things are here.... now, I get it. Very sad. I’m not leaving anytime soon, but I’m also not in denial any longer. Things are bad. Our infrastructure was not built for this. I guess we wait and see what happens.

mtndriver Jun 07, 2018 06:22 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

How about everyone just promise to drive like adults and let it go at that?

Channelfog Jun 07, 2018 04:10 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

Wow! Just like the entitled Argentine tourists in luxury cars that we have to contend with during summer here in Uruguay! No matter where in the world you go, this is one thing that there is no escape from. Coming out unscathed is all one can hope for, and so defensive driving not distracted driving is the order of every day ;-)

Roger Jun 07, 2018 05:39 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

Screw the van gonna get me another old school Coupe De Ville some of you are dangerous..

a-1558619103 Jun 07, 2018 04:03 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

Maybe the lady in the black BMW who cut me off and who I almost hit in the head with a rotten orange would like to turn me in also. Just missed her, but man that was a stinky old orange that splattered all over inside her car! But hey, they're a lot softer than a handful of quarters! Signed, happily serving justice on Santa Barbara's crappy drivers for 30 years! Report me all you want you stupid snobs!

horsegirl Jun 07, 2018 04:58 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

What a great way to get yourself thrown in jail, or even killed. You never know what a person will do when assaulted like that. If someone threw a rotten orange in my car for cutting them off - how do you know it wasn’t accidental? - I can guarantee I would press charges and utilize the full extent of the law to make you suffer. I’d be careful if I were you.

a-1558619103 Jun 07, 2018 04:07 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

Throwing anything at anyone is assault, if it hits them, it's battery. Not to mention criminally negligent if you are throwing objects at people who are driving cars, no matter who bad you think they are driving. It's not being a "snob" to report crimes, it's being a good citizen.

a-1558619103 Jun 07, 2018 08:08 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

Sounds like your anger management and arrogance issues have made this kind of behavior a habit for you, since you're also claiming to have thrown the orange. Some time in the cooler, or without driving privileges, might be beneficial.

horsegirl Jun 07, 2018 05:01 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

@3:41pm - please do and keep us updated! I would love to hear what the police have to say about this. Especially if it did indeed happen, I am sure the person made a report so it will be nice to bring this person to justice. If it didn’t happen and richy rich is all bravado, then at least they will be aware that he is a suspect if it happens in the future

Channelfog Jun 07, 2018 04:27 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

Richyrich, I understand your frustration, but really, the 154 is treacherous enough as is, and always has been. Decades ago a friends' brother passed a car on the solid no passing area in the lowest cut on the ocean side of the pass. Turned out there was an on coming car and the three cars barely squeezed through the cut at high speed. Also turns out that the oncoming car was a CHP. An exceedingly pissed-off CHP who immediately pulled one of those Holywood stunt U-turns and pulled the car over, with open beers, lit joint AND lines of coke on a mirror!!! He went off in cuffs as he well deserved and unsurprisingly, he now lives on the streets of Ventura. The 154 is no place to play games. Drive carefully as there is no telling who will come around the bend.....

a-1558619103 Jun 07, 2018 03:52 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

I hope someone actually does take action to get RICHYRICH busted.

horsegirl Jun 07, 2018 03:39 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

Oh my god. I hate people that drive recklessly and endanger others as much as the next guy but throwing large coins at them at a high rate of speed is EVEN MORE DANGEROUS. I hope that person you hit sees this post. Not ok.

horsegirl Jun 07, 2018 01:51 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

There was one day that was exceptionally bad a few months ago. I counted and I had 6 near misses from people being stupid, cutting me off, running red lights, running stop signs, etc. I wished I had a dashcam that day to make a montage of stupidity

a-1558619103 Jun 07, 2018 01:38 PM
Bad Driving Caught on Camera

I've always wanted to do this - get a dash cam to record the stupidity - and replay it at a City Council Meeting when the Police Chief is giving her monthly report.... I see people do crazy stuff like this every single time I'm driving in my car - every day.