AT&T Issue in Santa Barbara?

By an edhat reader

AT&T wireless is not currently working for anyone with AT&T that I speak with. Troubleshooting on their website informed me that there is currently a network issue that they said is due to "no to low signal causing service problems." Estimated repair is by the end of the day tomorrow, January 15.

PitLocal Jan 15, 2019 09:32 AM
AT&T Issue in Santa Barbara?

I can' t believe how bad the coverage was yesterday. It makes me concerned that if there were a more serious natural disaster, we would be left without an effective means of communication.

Potif Jan 15, 2019 07:30 PM
AT&T Issue in Santa Barbara?

That's why I chose to continue to keep my landline and corded phone. They will often still work during a natural disaster. I was in Canoga Park during the Northridge earthquake, and even though we had no power after it, the phone still worked

ljmdance Jan 15, 2019 08:48 AM
AT&T Issue in Santa Barbara?

At&T has abysmal coverage around the SB area. I've called them numerous times to report lack of coverage in various populated/commercia areas, several times when I was unable to call emergency services or communicate important medical issues. I've not seen any evidence of improvement to the coverage. It's not a new issue, though may well be exacerbated by weather-related incidents.

a-1547523591 Jan 14, 2019 07:39 PM
AT&T Issue in Santa Barbara?

With all the power outages, I wouldn’t be surprised if they affected cell service.

Frederick Jan 14, 2019 07:27 PM
AT&T Issue in Santa Barbara?

I’m with AT&T and do not have service right now. I live near Bishop.

a-1547571550 Jan 15, 2019 08:59 AM
AT&T Issue in Santa Barbara?

Frederick, Bishop is about the only place on US395 where there is any kind of decent cell coverage.

humungous Jan 14, 2019 04:53 PM
AT&T Issue in Santa Barbara?

Try restarting your phone. I had this problem this morning and that worked for me.

a-1547512840 Jan 14, 2019 04:40 PM
AT&T Issue in Santa Barbara?

They are laying many of us off this month - your service might be affected. same for your DirecTV.