Assault at Valle Verde

By Roger the Scanner Guy

Assault in progress at the Quail Lodge in the Valle Verde Retirement Apartments, 930 Senda Verde in Santa Barbara. SBPD is responding.

Roger Oct 16, 2020 06:06 PM
Assault at Valle Verde

Suspect 70 year old male resident was restraining an employee by the arms.

Roger Oct 16, 2020 06:07 PM
Assault at Valle Verde

Possible medical change of medication patient acting erratic.

a-1602899385 Oct 16, 2020 06:49 PM
Assault at Valle Verde

Quail Lodge is either the memory care unit or the skilled nursing unit.

winter Oct 16, 2020 07:24 PM
Assault at Valle Verde

A lot of seniors are acting out, depressed, not seeing family, friends, going out...hope it was just meds.

Roger Oct 16, 2020 09:11 PM
Assault at Valle Verde

Maybe they should have had their professional security staff deal with it instead of calling 911 as it becomes public information when it is broadcast over a scanner.

ParvoPup Oct 16, 2020 09:38 PM
Assault at Valle Verde

This is what can happen when you try to turn off the TV halfway through a Matlock rerun.

Roger Oct 17, 2020 05:37 AM
Assault at Valle Verde

The last time I reported anything at Val Verde on Edhat, their professional security staff got all huffy and puffy about how professional they are they don't make any mistakes etc...

Surfeit Oct 17, 2020 08:44 AM
Assault at Valle Verde

Quail Lodge is the assisted living facility. The staff there is professional and caring. I'm sure if they felt obligated to call 911 it was for the well-being of the patient, not the staff. It would be nice if you got all the facts before reporting something - and, by the way it's spelled Valle Verde. If Roger would care to come and visit, he might be disinclined to apply negative adjectives after he observes the staff in action.

Roger Oct 17, 2020 08:58 AM
Assault at Valle Verde

I report what I hear over the scanner the itinal call out was a 242pc Assault in progress and called for responding units to respond code 3 with lights and sirens so I posted it. My spelling don't matter as you knew it was about your joint anyway.. Nothing bad ever happens in Santa Barbara only Oxnard, Ventura, Santa Maria and sometimes Bakersfield.. I probably would have never posted if I had heard the suspect was a patient in the first place as many patients as they age and get medicated don't know what is happening and many times are the real victims of abusive staff members. If I live long enough to end up in one of those joints I'm taking my woodchipper with me....