By Roger the Scanner Guy

Armed robbery, the weapon used was a knife or knives in the 600 Block of State Street. The Hamburger Habit location, not the restaurant, but what was taken were two bicycles.

Roger Jul 12, 2021 05:43 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

Suspects one heavy one thin did not hear anything else missed that part earlier there was a robbery attempt by juveniles in the 700 Block at the Italian Pottery..

Roger Jul 12, 2021 05:46 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

Did hear in the 600 Block one suspect had a facial tattoo..Waiting for more SBPD at State and Cota Streets..

bicyclist Jul 12, 2021 05:47 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

I've learned to use at least 3 locks for anywhere downtown esp. the Eastside. Of course my LIFE might be more important? (...probably not)

Thanks Roger!

a-1626144204 Jul 12, 2021 07:43 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

I’ve found that a great benefit of being tall is also a bike theft deterrent: not many people can ride my bikes due to their tall frame size. I do Locke them up, too, either with a motorcycle chain lock or two locks.

Roger Jul 12, 2021 05:54 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

Sure I'm thinking of getting a trike bike with an electric motor on it but my leg is in bad shape. If I doi it will be under lock and key inside..

bicyclist Jul 12, 2021 06:20 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

I can see the headline now - "Man arrested for riding on the sidewalk going over posted limit"... Although the Perp was cooperative during the "Interview", he was deemed unable to walk very well so taken into custody...
Just a side note anyone with a bicycle that is used regularly, it would be stored/parked Inside. We are in a coastal zone (saltish air) so like they say "Rust never sleeps", that & the sun will bake rubber/leather parts. Careful with the "Trike" as they can be tipsy?

Roger Jul 12, 2021 06:22 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

I crashed on one and got hurt pretty bad but got out of there before the responders showed up..

get_off_my_lawn Jul 12, 2021 06:28 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

2 separate incidents. The "Italian Pottery" incident was 5 juveniles who flashed a knife and attempted to mug a juvenile outside of GameStop at Paseo Nuevo (daylight; 5pm); police later responded to victim's location at IP.

Roger Jul 12, 2021 06:40 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

Thanks Get Off My Lawn..They have 2 these must be the bicycle guys Things getting weird out there lately..

Roger Jul 13, 2021 07:30 AM
Armed Robbery on State Street

Did you know some creep stole my ROGERDODGER Identity? Portrayed himself as me and got published online with a Mississippi publication online? After all the work I have done this pos steals Roger Dodger..

Henry Sarria Jul 13, 2021 09:53 AM
Armed Robbery on State Street

In terms of the bike incident, there's a "profile" to bike thieves & that is they ride the bike on the sidewalk. The reasoning behind that, it escapes me, but my experience is when you see somebody riding their bike on the sidewalk, something's up.
1 of the examples that stands out to me is a while back on Haley near Milpas (if memory serves me right), the cops spotted an individual riding his bike on the sidewalk, it was dark, had no lights.
The cops attempted to make contact, the dude took off & eventually got caught. Once caught, the facts came out, dude was on parole (for some serious stuff) & had warrants out on him (parole violation) &... the bike... yeah, reported stolen just prior to the contact.

bosco Jul 13, 2021 02:25 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

I agree and can spot one of these guys a mile away. In addition to sidewalk riding, I would add going the wrong direction on a one-way, blowing through red lights and darting across intersections diagonally. These guys just have no respect for any sort of rule. On a weekly basis I will see guys riding a bike while pulling another (likely stolen) bike along. It's really become brazen. I'd be willing to guess that 100% of the bikes ridden by our homeless/shady East side neighbors are stolen.

Henry Sarria Jul 13, 2021 03:59 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

BOSCO, here in IV when the encampment that started in Anisq' Oyo Park then got moved to People's Park, once that started, the bike theft rate in IV went exponential.
Sure, IV has it's share of bike thefts, but this increase was noticeable to say the least. Can't tell you how many bikes were recoverd in the encampments, but I can tell you it was MANY!
Then there's the riding on the sidewalk thing. If you've got issues w/ your "legal status" (warrants, parole, probation), why would you wanna draw attention to yourself?
Not a very smart move, but then again, choosing criminal activity ain't that smart to begin w/!

Henry Sarria Jul 14, 2021 05:57 AM
Armed Robbery on State Street

Roger, you're 100% correct, that is the case, if if seems we were implying that, not the case. BOSCO & I were just conversing on a separate, but related topic.
But, you gotta admit, the majority of cases involving somebody riding a bike on the sidewalk & going the wrong way... yeah, usually something shady goin' on.

bicyclist Jul 14, 2021 08:47 AM
Armed Robbery on State Street

Roger - to bad you can't just "Smack the back their hands". Pretty funny, not the first time you've had to remind... Thanks!
ie. : " Donald Trump has reached the Poster’s final form: suing the mods" (stolen off of... as related to the obvious)