Armed Robbery on State Street

By Roger the Scanner Guy

Armed robbery near 625 State Street, the weapon used was a box cutter and clothing was stolen by a male on a bicycle heading North on State Street wearing a red puffy jacket.

Schifter Nov 30, 2020 12:39 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

Guys, be careful not to wear tight clothing while walking on State street--someone with penis envy might try to steal your whang!

PitMix Nov 30, 2020 07:19 AM
Armed Robbery on State Street

Lot of property crimes lately. How could that happen with the stock market at 30,000?

a-1606754084 Nov 30, 2020 08:34 AM
Armed Robbery on State Street

I think to defund the police is to tell more people to rob and do bad things.
If there were more police there would be less crime.

ChemicalSuperFreak Nov 29, 2020 09:30 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

Hi Oops. Although my story was strongly worded and I used the contraction "don't", I did not intend to dictate anything. My use of "don't" was a play on Roger's previous comment to which I was replying to, and he wrote "don't".

oops Nov 29, 2020 09:07 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

Sorry to hear but you can’t let one bad experience years ago dictate everyone else’s lifestyle

ChemicalSuperFreak Nov 29, 2020 08:00 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

Even better...don't walk State Street, or any other street downtown, period. Last time I was downtown was to buy something at Samy's a couple of years ago. There were bums everywhere, so I decided to walk up Chapala to Paseo Nuevo, where I parked. As I was walking up Chapala a young girl on the sidewalk tried to get my attention and stop me to ask a question. Despite appearing fairly clean and conservatively dressed, I could tell she was an "urban traveler". I also was aware of a young man walking behind me for the past block. As she tried to stop me I pivoted and put my back to the wall of Macy's to confronted both of them just as the guy had picked up his pace. He stopped, and then looked at her and she looked at him and then they both looked at me as I put my hand on the pocket knife I always carry. I told them both directly that I couldn't help either of them and then backed away and they did not pursue. I think they didn't want a struggle once the element of surprise was taken away from them. I was probably just a pickpocket scam and not a straight out mugging, but they were definitely operating as a pair.

Roger Nov 29, 2020 07:36 PM
Armed Robbery on State Street

Taken was a jacket, beanie, and a pair of sandals, SBPD responding to check the area.