Amtrak Train hits Tree

An Amtrak train hit a tree that had fallen across the track on its approach to Santa Barbara. No injuries reported but the train may be damaged.

Phantom Blot Jun 20, 2019 07:10 AM
Amtrak Train hits Tree

These trees are obviously being felled by train robbers, probably descendendants of Jack Powers' gang, attempting to rob the Wells Fargo payroll and gold coming out of them thar hills, I reckon...!

Roger Jun 19, 2019 10:32 AM
Amtrak Train hits Tree

I heard earlier that the train might be ready to move on around 2:30pm..

CS805 Jun 19, 2019 08:42 AM
Amtrak Train hits Tree

Noticed a train holding west of the Goleta station about 8:30 this morning. Thought that was odd but now makes sense.

Roger Jun 19, 2019 08:53 AM
Amtrak Train hits Tree

Thank You 8:42am.... That is the train waiting for another engine to proceed they said they thought the housing could be damaged heard the Ditch lights were damaged earlier.

Roger Jun 19, 2019 08:16 AM
Amtrak Train hits Tree

Passengers off train the one sided voice says...

Roger Jun 19, 2019 08:07 AM
Amtrak Train hits Tree

Somewhere along the line sounds like they are going to shut her down and have to off load passengers possibly onto buses not sure where exactly possibly alittle North.

Roger Jun 19, 2019 07:40 AM
Amtrak Train hits Tree

Incident occurred at 363.1 post I need a book that explains these locations anyone know where I can get one?

Roger Jun 19, 2019 02:34 PM
Amtrak Train hits Tree

I was just reporting what I heard... :) It's a good thing I'm not the engineer huh?

tagdes Jun 19, 2019 01:34 PM
Amtrak Train hits Tree

You are going the wrong direction. It starts in SF so 363.1 would be 1/10 of a mile east or southbound from the detector. It is clearly shown in the Los Angeles Division Timetable.

Tugogwa Jun 19, 2019 12:07 PM
Amtrak Train hits Tree

There is a Union Pacific detector at milepost 363.0. (Run a line from Hwy 154 from Calle Real through State Street and on to Modoc Road. Where it crosses the track is just about where the detector is.) This incident would be 1/10 of a mile west (towards Goleta) of that. That would put it behind the houses of Vista Clara Road or Encore Drive.

Roger Jun 19, 2019 08:00 AM
Amtrak Train hits Tree

Not sure if I have that correct then heard them come onto Santa Barbara from the South a few minutes later now talking about the siding at Ellwood train is number 768, dialog is one sided from dispatch..

tagdes Jun 19, 2019 07:56 AM
Amtrak Train hits Tree

That's 1/3 of a mile towards Santa Barbara from Goleta. I'll see if I can find an extra time table. If no one else offers let me know. I can always just copy the local page for you.

Roger Jun 19, 2019 07:36 AM
Amtrak Train hits Tree

Exact location of incident unknown train made it to Santa Barbara to unload passengers and may be stopped until possible damage can be examined..