4.3 Earthquake Off Lompoc

4.3 Earthquake Off Lompoc title=
4.3 Earthquake Off Lompoc

Update by edhat staff

A 4.3 magnitude earthquake off the Lompoc coast was felt throughout the county at 1:38 p.m. on Thursday.

USGS is clocking in the quake at a 4.3 magnitude while other sources, including earthquaketrack.com, report a 4.6 magnitude.

The official location is 25km southwest of Lompoc with a depth of 9.1km.

Reported by an edhat reader

I was sitting at my desk at home on the Westside and I felt everything start to shift back and forth. It wasn't forceful but enough to have the water in my glass slosh around a bit. This just happened, around 1:38 p.m. today. Did anyone else feel it?

a-1511568329 Oct 27, 2017 09:22 PM
4.3 Earthquake Off Lompoc

better late than never to chime in? Yes, on northside. I went to Did You Feel It" right away. https://earthquake.usgs.gov/data/dyfi/

SBZZ Oct 26, 2017 08:49 PM
4.3 Earthquake Off Lompoc

Several quakes up and down the coast today as shown on the USGS site.

420722 Oct 26, 2017 05:30 PM
4.3 Earthquake Off Lompoc

Getting for big mama! She’s gonna shake the hell the out of us. I left the Lompoc buelton area to head to back to SB around 1 so I felt nothing just potholes.

Shasta Guy Oct 26, 2017 05:20 PM
4.3 Earthquake Off Lompoc

I was in my office in Goleta and my chair rocked back and forth. I knew it was a quake that was either smallish and close or large and faraway. I remember watching the A's and Giants in the world series way back when on TV here. I heard the commotion from the announcer's booth then the feed from the game stopped. A couple minutes later my chair rocked back and forth just like it did today.

1984 Oct 26, 2017 03:54 PM
4.3 Earthquake Off Lompoc

el sueno nice gentle rolling in from the sea in gentle relaxing waves. The ride ended much to soon. imho

1984 Oct 26, 2017 05:41 PM
4.3 Earthquake Off Lompoc

what type of sic fudge would down vote such an innocent comment ?

Roger Oct 26, 2017 03:14 PM
4.3 Earthquake Off Lompoc

I did not feel anything but I fell on the way to the store around that time and I could not figure out how I fell now I think it was the Quake it was around the same time. I hoped up before anyone could call 911 but I did get banged up a bit oh well..

a-1511568329 Oct 26, 2017 02:48 PM
4.3 Earthquake Off Lompoc

Or 16 miles southwest of Lompoc and at an ocean depth of 6 miles----for those of us who aren't metric.

bweiss Oct 26, 2017 01:51 PM
4.3 Earthquake Off Lompoc

Here's the USGS info: https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/ci38031584#scientific