20 New COVID-19 Cases
By edhat staff
The Santa Barbara County Public Health Department (PHD) reported 20 additional COVID-19 cases on Wednesday bringing the total to 1,540.
Of the twenty new cases, allwere located within the community and not the outbreak at the Federal Prison in Lompoc.
Of the total 1,540 cases, 570 are within the community with 457 cases fully recovered. There are currently 26 hospitalizations with 10 in the intensive care unit (ICU).
The county is reporting a total of 14,483 tests within the county with 12,835 providing negative results.
More details on each case can be found at publichealthsbc.org.
Cottage Health Numbers
Below is a status update as of May 21, 2020.
· Cottage Health is caring for a total of 234 patients across all campuses.
· 183 are acute care patients; 190 acute care beds remain available.
· In surge planning, capacity is identified for adding 270 acute care beds.
· Of the 183 acute care patients, 10 patients are on ventilators. 67 ventilators remain available (adult, pediatric and neonatal ventilators).
· Of the 183 acute care patients, 9 are in isolation with COVID-19 symptoms; 5 are confirmed COVID-19 positive.
· Of 9 patients in isolation, 3 patients are in critical care.
· From May 11-17:
- 1,528 COVID-19 laboratory tests were ordered and collected by Cottage Health.
- Results: 21 positive, 1,457 negative, 50 pending.
- Results take up to 4 days.