By edhat staff

The Santa Barbara County Public Health Department is reporting 160 new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday.

The total confirmed case count is now 5,282. Of those 350 cases are active meaning 93% of cases have fully recovered. Two previous cases were deemed to be duplicates and removed.

There are 85 hospitalizations including 29 in the intensive care unit (ICU).

More information can be found at http://publichealthsbc.org/status-reports.

a-1595471355 Jul 22, 2020 07:29 PM
160 New COVID-19 Cases

47 new cases in SB/Goleta/Carp with 32 in SB City alone. WOW. Way to go folks! Hope going to the bar and getting your haircut was worth all of our kids not being able to go back to school.

m-cubed Jul 23, 2020 06:31 AM
160 New COVID-19 Cases

Haircuts and even gyms aren't really the problem in my opinion. In those situations people wear masks, and if done properly don't need to talk much or interact with others face to face. That closed-off section of state street is a little hotspot with all its packed outdoor tables and foot traffic. Lot of maskless faces in them parts. I walked through once, the other day, with a mask, and decided I wouldn't be walking through again.

Sbrysa Jul 23, 2020 07:28 AM
160 New COVID-19 Cases

Are you kidding me?! We have taken so many precautions not once in California has it been traced back to a hair salon or spa. That is really unfair and not kind. People are socializing! Don’t put that on us!

420722 Jul 23, 2020 08:21 AM
160 New COVID-19 Cases

SBRYSA-I agree. I doubt anyone got covid at a hair salon. People are just so lost in their heads at the moment they are willing to blame anything.

mm1970 Jul 23, 2020 09:18 AM
160 New COVID-19 Cases

Right? I know they are doing contact tracing. I've heard of cases AT salons but not spread BY salons. I think the spread they are finding are within families and at parties. I wonder if the families complaining that school is going to be distance learning are the same ones that I see on facebook whose kids are hanging out with their friends, not wearing masks or distancing.

MountainMan4865 Jul 22, 2020 07:56 PM
160 New COVID-19 Cases

Again, I would like to know WHEN these people were tested..... I am hearing it takes anywhere between 15 minutes and two weeks plus, to get results. Are these people that were tested yesterday, or two weeks ago, or a combination of both?

a-1595475190 Jul 22, 2020 08:33 PM
160 New COVID-19 Cases

Yea, I wish they would at least make this data publicly available. It must exist. Data is not our enemy...

PitMix Jul 23, 2020 09:50 AM
160 New COVID-19 Cases

That info is too embarrassing to give out. We used to take pride in the being the best- now we have to live with being the first loser.

GeneralTree Jul 23, 2020 04:53 PM
160 New COVID-19 Cases

Mountainman4865 The Walton's? You may be close to 98 yourself.

MountainMan4865 Jul 22, 2020 10:21 PM
160 New COVID-19 Cases

Uhm... what? Where was that part of the conversation? That reminded me of when my 98 yr old grandmother blurted out "America!" while we were watching an episode of "The Waltons", you know, the one where there's the county fair and they're on the ferris wheel....

s.b.ron Jul 23, 2020 07:18 AM
160 New COVID-19 Cases

What is amazing is how many people don’t wear masks properly (usually not over their noses) or ones that use valve masks, that are ineffective in keeping your droplets to yourself. Even a KEYT news reporter apparently did not know valve masks are ineffective.