Roar and Pour at Santa Barbara Zoo
- SATURDAY, MAY 11 FROM 5 to 8 PM
- Animals Stay Out Late, Zoo Only Open for Event Guests
- Tastings of Central Coast Wine, Beer & Other Libations
- Includes Souvenir Glass, Giraffe Feedings; Unlimited Train Rides; Live
- Music by Uncle Uncle; Variety of Food Available for Purchase
- $80 General; $115 VIP Hour at www.sbzoo.org/roar-and-pour
- Ages 21+ Only; Benefits the Animals at the Zoo
Wine lovers stroll through the scenic grounds and visit the animals at the Santa Barbara Zoo on the evening of Saturday, May 11 during the “Roar & Pour Wine Festival. The Zoo is open only to festival-goers and the animals stay on view afterhours for this annual event which features tastings from more than 30 Central Coast wineries, and from purveyors of beers, hard ciders, cocktails, and more. Zoo Train rides and giraffe feedings are unlimited, plus there’s zookeeper talks and laid-back live music from Isla Vista-born band Uncle Uncle. A variety of food options are available on the Zoo’s hilltop.
Tickets for the Santa Barbara Zoo’s “Roar & Pour” Wine Festival, held Saturday, May 11 from 5 to 8 p.m., are $80 general admission, which includes an ARC Chef & Sommelier commemorative glass. VIP tickets are $115 and also include early entry at 4 p.m., free appetizers provided by Zoo Catering by Rincon, and special animal encounters. Tickets are on sale online only at www.sbzoo.org/roar-and-pour . This event is for adults aged 21 and over only and not suitable for children or infants.
“To use the parlance of this crowd, it’s a balanced blend picked at the perfect time, and certainlyfull-bodied, just like our gorillas,” said Zoo CEO Rich Block. “There may be a hint of grass, oak, and flamingos. It has lots of nose, especially on our giant anteaters, is certainly robust like Amur leopards, and smooth like penguins’ feathers.”
For tickets CLICK HERE